Greetings and salutations to you, RadEditor experts. Can anyone please help with the following problem?
- Open the RadEditor AJAX demo page with default settings.
- Clear the initial content (click in editor, Ctrl-A, delete).
- Enter at least two lines of text (type some letters, press Enter; repeat until satisfied)
- Select one line of text with the mouse (or several contiguous lines, but not all lines)
- Click the Indent button.
- In latest Firefox, all lines are now indented (incorrect), instead of only the selected line (correct). Same problem in Internet Explorer 8, 10.
Viewing the HTML source, we see a series of lines ending with <br /> tags. It appears that the indent function, not finding an immediate container tag for the selected lines (e.g. <p>), broadens its scope until the entire document is selected. Changing the newline mode from "Breaks" to "Paragraphs" does help, but that's not a great solution for clients who have come to expect the default behavior, or clients who are editing documents already edited in "Breaks" mode. We could write a custom indent function, but it would be nice not to have to reimplement this basic feature. Any ideas for low-impact workarounds, or perhaps intimations of a bugfix in an upcoming release?
for your valuable time (which I hope not to have wasted through ineptitude) and any advice that you might kindly provide.