This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor in IFrame (Content access)

4 Answers 97 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mykael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mykael asked on 26 May 2009, 02:07 PM
Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem with the RadEditor when it comes to put it in a IFrame.

I have a kind of "Hello world" project. (Just to make sure the application that i want to use radeditor in is not the problem)

As long as the radeditor is directly in a page i can access to the value of the content on the postback of the page. (In the code behind)

But if i put the radeditor in a iFrame then, on the postback, the content property always return the content that the radeditor had on the page load even if i changed it.

Do i miss something?

Thank you

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 28 May 2009, 09:04 AM
Hello Mykael,

Could you please open a support ticket and send a sample working project that demonstrates the problem? I will examine it and once I am able to reproduce the problem, I will try to provide a solution for your scenario.

Please, also specify which version of RadEditor you use in your project, because you have posted identical forum messages for RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX and RadEditor for ASP.NET (Classic).

Best wishes,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Mykael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jun 2009, 01:41 PM
Hi Rumen,

It's ok, i'v got it working with javascript.

Sorry for the double post but this thread is the good one, i made an error to post it on the other place.

But i'v got a other question.

Is there a way to have a custom dropdown with a different text displaying in the toolbar and in the tooltip text?

Thank you
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jun 2009, 08:05 AM
Hi Mykael,

You can attach to the OnClientLoad event property of RadEditor, use the  getToolByName method to get a reference to the desired tool and set its title property to the desired string value, e.g.

<script type="text/javascript"
function OnClientLoad(editor) 
      var tool = editor.getToolByName("FontName")//get a reference to the custom tool 
      tool.get_element().title = "Something different"//set a new tooltip 
</script> 
<telerik:radeditor runat="server" ID="RadEditor1" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad"></telerik:radeditor> 

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Daud
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Feb 2011, 02:46 AM
Thanks Rumen it solved my problem of changing tooltip.

Regards,
Daud.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Mykael
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Mykael