This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RADeditor for Sharepoint 2010 missing functions?

4 Answers 56 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brad asked on 20 Sep 2012, 02:01 PM
Hello,
I have installed the RADeditor for sharepoint 2010 and have activated the 3 functions in site features. The issue is when editing I am not seeing the full editor that I was looking for. Unless I am doing something wrong, we cannot format code blocks or use any of the other many functions. I have attached what I am seeing. Is there another install needed or something that needs to be done manually? Please let me know.

FYI I installed the SharePoint 2010 web parts msi from http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/trial-product-versions/trial-single-download.aspx?pmvid=2940&pid=561

Thanks!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 02:35 PM
Hi,

The AccessibleEditor control shown in the RAD.jpg screenshot offers a limited set of tools.
You can see how to disable the accessible editor and enable the full featured one in the following video: http://screencast.com/t/GDZsUsmNVyw.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 03:28 PM
Thank you for the quick reply. Is there any other documentation you have disabling this accessible editor? The video site is blocked by my work.
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 03:51 PM
Ok. I was able to get the video on my phone. I disabled this option and attached is that I currently see. This still doesn't look like the full editor I see on the site. How do I format code blocks? You're help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2012, 11:50 AM
Hi,

You can find a complete list of the tools supported by RadEditor in the following help article: Introduction to Toolbars and see how to modify the ToolsFile of RadEditor for SharePoint 2010 in this article: Add/Remove tools from the toolbar.

To add the Format Code Block tool to the toolbar use this tag: <tool name="FormatCodeBlock" />

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1