This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX(2008.3.1314.20) Localizations

4 Answers 72 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
martin stehouwer
Top achievements
Rank 1
martin stehouwer asked on 08 Jul 2010, 02:57 PM
Hi,

We use version (2008.3.1314.20) I noticed  that The Table Wizard is not completly localizable.table
I cant get "Table Columns", "Horizontal", "vertical" ....to translate. Is this a known bug? and is there a work around?.

Best Regards,
 Martin Stehouwer.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Martin,

The reported problem should be fixed in the latest Q1 2010 SP2 version 2010.1 519 of RadEditor for ASP.NET AJAX.

If you do not have enough time to upgrade, you can try to manually localize these strings by registering the external dialogs files and customizing the respective Table ascx files in the EditorDialogs folder.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
martin stehouwer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks,

I tried to extend the resource in RadEditor.Dialogs.nl-NL.resx and use them in TableDesign.ascx

like this

<legend>
       <script type="text/javascript">
       document.write(localization["TableColumns"]);
       </script>
</legend>

But its printing undefined.What do i have to do to get it working?

Best Regards
    Martin Stehouwer.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 09:51 AM
Hi Martin,

For the time being RadEditor does not offer the ability to specify and load custom localization strings. This limitation is due to that there is a list on the server that defines which localization strings from the resx files to be send to the client and loaded in the editor and its dialogs. Since the developer is not allowed to modify this list, the custom localization strings from the resx files are not send to the client.
You can localize the newly added HTML elements and fields directly in the ascx/aspx files, e.g.

open the TableWizard.ascx file and manually edit the text inside the

<legend>Table Columns</legend>

and

<legend>Table Rows</legend>

elements.

Once again, I want to point that this problem is fixed in the latest build of RadEditor.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
martin stehouwer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jul 2010, 11:45 AM
Thanks this solution works for me.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
martin stehouwer
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by