This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDatePicker 2012.2 912 not working with IE8, FF15 is OK

6 Answers 70 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 2
Ricardo asked on 12 Oct 2012, 02:55 PM
The RadDatePicker is not working on IE8.
With Firefox 15 is working OK please look at the image attached to this thread.

This happen after upgrading from version: 2012.1.411 to 2012.2 912

This issue maybe related to an earlier one I've already reported.
http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/aspnet-ajax/12854

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2012, 12:17 PM
Hello Ricardo,

Based on the information I can not tell for sure what is the cause of this issue. Try setting the DateInput->EnableSingleInputRendering of the RadDatePicker to false. Also could you show us the aspx code so we could give you a more straight forward solution?

All the best,
Angel Petrov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Oct 2012, 02:33 PM
The code is as follows:
<telerik:RadDatePicker runat="server" ID="TEL_DP_EntryDate" TabIndex="4" Enabled="false" >
</
telerik:RadDatePicker>

When I changed it to the configuration you mentioned i got the following code auto-generated:

<telerik:RadDatePicker runat="server" ID="TEL_DP_EntryDate" TabIndex="4"  Enabled="False" Culture="en-US" >
<Calendar UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x">
</
Calendar>
<DateInput TabIndex="4" DisplayDateFormat="M/d/yyyy" DateFormat="M/d/yyyy" LabelWidth=""
 EnableSingleInputRendering="False">
</
DateInput>
<DatePopupButton CssClass="rcCalPopup rcDisabled" ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl="" TabIndex="4">
</
DatePopupButton>
</
telerik:RadDatePicker>

The issue remains IE8
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2012, 03:48 PM
Hello Ricardo,

The presented behaviour could appear mainly in two cases.
The first one is actually a bug in the IE browser which leads to the presented issue. Every Internet Explorer version (except IE10) on the other hand has the limit of loading only 31! stylesheets per file and thus fails to load all CSS files in a theme if they are more than 31. More information on this matter could be found in the blog post bellow:
http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/posts/10-05-03/internet-explorer-css-limits.aspx
You could try using RadStyleSheetManager on the page in order to combine these stylesheets into one request and see if this helps.

Another possible cause of the presented issue is in case you are showing the RadDatePicker control with ajax request. In case you have ajax on the page I would suggest you to disable it and verify if the same behaviour appear. If this is the issue you could use again RadStyleSheetManager on the page and register the Calendar component as a skinnable control like this:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 

RadStyleSheetManager1.RegisterSkinnableControl(RadDatePicker1.Calendar); 
    }

I hope this helps. Do not hesitate to contact us back if further assiatance is needed.

Greetings,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Oct 2012, 05:54 PM
The issue is likely to the number of CSS files IE8 can handle.
When I look in detail on the number of CSS files I got 27.

Then when I bring a control form I got more that 31 CSS files.
I'm using the theme "Black"

ASPX file:

<telerik:RadSkinManager runat="server" ID="RicoSkinManager"></telerik:RadSkinManager>

CS file OnLoad() :

RicoSkinManager.Skin = "Black";

This page call the control control.ascx where the RadDatePicker is located.
I tried to use the solution you mentioned but it does not have that method
RegisterSkinnableControl(RadDatePicker1.Calendar);
Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 26 Oct 2012, 01:44 PM
Maria,

Please let me know how to put all the CSS in one file having the "Black" theme.
I look at and I couldnt find the method RegisterSkinnableControl
Accepted
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2012, 12:52 PM
Hello Ricardo,

Have tried to place RadStyleSheetManager with "EnableStyleSheetCombine" property set to "true" on the top of the page? Note that the RadStyleSheetManager is the control required for combining the styles into one request and not RadSkinManager as you tried. Also note that "RegisterSkinnableControl" is also method of RadStyleSheetManager control.

Greetings,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
Ricardo
Top achievements
Rank 2