This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox's problem ( ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2012 SP1 trial version)

2 Answers 83 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jackie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jackie asked on 06 Sep 2012, 03:20 AM
Hi, I'm a newby with Telerik and using RadComboBox(ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2012 SP1 trial version) for testing within 30 days trial period. I set MarkFirstMatch="true" AllowCustomText="false" but they are not working. My local environments are: Visual Studio 2010 SP1, .NET Framework 4 and Windows 7. Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

Please see the code:
<div>
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
     </telerik:RadScriptManager>

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="rapBroker" runat="server">
                                    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="FormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="Textbox" ControlsToSkip="Scrollbars">
                                    </telerik:RadFormDecorator>

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbbBroker" Runat="server" EnableTextSelection="true" Filter="Contains" MarkFirstMatch="true" AllowCustomText="false"
                                    DataSourceID="sdsBroker" DataTextField="full_Name" Width="400px" EmptyMessage="Type a broker" >
                                    </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="sdsBroker" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ContractOnline%>"
                             SelectCommand="select full_Name from dbo.tblName_And_Address where broker_flag = 'Y' order by full_name "/>
    </div>

Please see the screenshot:

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jackie
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Sep 2012, 05:18 AM
it seems like the problem has been found that Filter="Contains" is not compatible with MarkFirstMatch="true" and AllowCustomText="false". After I removed Filter="Contains", then it's working again but I cannot the Contains function.

Please let me know your thoughts.
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2012, 03:39 PM
Hi Jackie,

The MarkFirstMatch functionality does not mark the matches when the Filter functionality is enabled. 
Moreover, when the Filter functionality is enabled the users are allowed to type in the RadComboBox input area regardless the value set to the AllowCustomText property.
For more information on the features of RadComboBox which do and do not get along please take a look at the following online demo: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/configurator/defaultcs.aspx.

I hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Jackie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Jackie
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivana
Telerik team