This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadCombobox JavaScript Error

2 Answers 78 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
vina
Top achievements
Rank 1
vina asked on 01 Jun 2012, 07:42 AM
Hi ,
I have an old version (2.7.2.0) of telerik combo box dll. This DLL works well with .Net framework 2.0. But When i am using with .Net 4.0 it gives javascript error.

function

RadComboBox(_11,_12,_13){

var

_14=window[_12];

if

(_14!=null&&!_14.tagName){

_14.Dispose();

}

I am getting error on _14.Dispose() method. "Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method". Please let me know why this error i am getting with .net framework 4.0 and how i can fix it.

Thanks in advance. 

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jun 2012, 12:04 PM
Hello Vina,

I assume you are using the ASP.NET Classic RadControls. The following help article contains an information how to migrate form ASP.NET Classic to ASP.NET AJAX RadControls: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/combobox-overview-migrating.html.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Xafir
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 08:52 PM
Hi Vina,

I had the excact same problem. The reason is that ASP.NET 4.0 by default uses static client ID's for Server Controls. You can configure your site to render "legacy" client ID's by setting this entry under the system.web node in web.config:

<pages clientIDMode="AutoID" />

See this article:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2010/03/30/cleaner-html-markup-with-asp-net-4-web-forms-client-ids-vs-2010-and-net-4-0-series.aspx
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
vina
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivana
Telerik team
Xafir
Top achievements
Rank 2