This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadChart ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008 and MOSS 2007

8 Answers 211 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mohamed asked on 24 Apr 2008, 06:09 PM
How can I make Telerik.Web.UI.RadChart SafeControl within MOSS 2007?

When I add 

<

SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Charting" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

I get the following error, The control type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadChart' is not allowed on this page. The type is not registered as safe.

What else do I need to add in the web.config file within MOSS 2007.

In the previous releases I got the page to work with the following lines.

<

SafeControl Assembly="RadChart.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

<

SafeControl Assembly="RadChart.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

Thanks

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2008, 06:01 AM
Hi Mohamed,

You should add one more SafeControl directive:

<SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" /> 

Kind regards,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2008, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the quick response Manuel, when I add the following line in the SafeControl directive <SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" /> 

I get the following message in the page I’m developing

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This page has encountered a critical error. Contact your system administrator if this problem persists.

Source Error:

Line 3:  <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages" %>

Line 4:  <%@ Register Tagprefix="WebPartPages" Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages" Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>

Line 5:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="Welcome" src="~/_controltemplates/Welcome.ascx" %>

Line 6:  <%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="DesignModeConsole" src="~/_controltemplates/DesignModeConsole.ascx" %>

Line 7:  <HTML dir="<%$Resources:wss,multipages_direction_dir_value%>" runat="server" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">

And I get the following in all other pages (including the main home page of MOSS)

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This page has encountered a critical error. Contact your system administrator if this problem persists.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Inherits="Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing.TemplateRedirectionPage,Microsoft.SharePoint.Publishing,Version=12.0.0.0,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %> <%@ Reference VirtualPath="~TemplatePageUrl" %> <%@ Reference VirtualPath="~masterurl/custom.master" %>

Line 2:  <html xmlns:mso="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:msdt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882"><head>

Line 3:  <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2008, 11:43 AM
Hi Mohamed,

If the Telerik.Web.UI assembly is installed in the GAC, you should supply the fully-qualified assembly name here:

<SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.20, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />  

Regards,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2008, 11:59 AM

Hello Manuel, thanks again :)
I just installed Telerik.Web.UI assembly into the GAC, and added the line you provided me with to the web.config, I’m still getting the same error (the last one I posted).

Any directions?

Thanks,
 Moe 

Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2008, 01:55 PM

Hello Manuel,

I added the following line in the web.config file after installing the appropriate dll’s into the GAC

<SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.1.415.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

<SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763" Namespace="Telerik.Charting" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

Now the error message I’m getting

Value does not fall within the expected range.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.

Please help

Accepted
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 29 Apr 2008, 03:10 PM
Hi Mohamed,

The most probable reason for this error message is that your MOSS server does not have the ASP.NET AJAX extensions installed (and the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite is based on them and needs them for its correct operation).

You can refer to this blog post here that explains how you could add support for ASP.NET AJAX for your SharePoint installation.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 May 2008, 01:42 PM
hello Manuel,
Thanks you very much for your help. Your suggestion worked great.. thanks again
Savan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Aug 2011, 10:45 AM
If you have IIS7 and Windows Server 2007, then you need to add HttpHandler enetry using "IIS" only. (Using Content View)
If you add that entry, directly, by modifing web.config. Then it does not work.

Actully, IIS content view adds entry in " <system.webServer>" for HttpHandler.

Thanks
Savan
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
Mohamed