This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadChart

3 Answers 53 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
bEnDi
Top achievements
Rank 2
bEnDi asked on 29 Sep 2008, 03:58 AM
Hi,

Can Rad Chart e able to chart graph from a non numeric data? For example i running 10 test but the results is in Pass or Fail. Let's say 9 pass and 1 fail. So could radchart be able to chart this? I'm having problem where it keep on showing error where the data is not numeric therefore it cannot chart. Please help.

Thanks,
Lendi

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 29 Sep 2008, 08:43 AM
Hi Lendi Kee,

RadChart works only on numeric data so you will need to convert your boolean pass/fail results to integer / double values in order to display them in a chart series.

Regards,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
bEnDi
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Sep 2008, 04:24 PM
Hi Manuel,

If that's the case, is there any tutorial that could teach or guide me in converting the result into integer? I'm currently integrating multiple results from different sql table. I found out that i could use COUNT and GROUP BY in sql command to do so but i prefer that there's a proper guide on this. Hope you could help me.

Thanks,
Lendi
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 01 Oct 2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Lendi Kee,

Data manipulations like these are not directly related to the operation of the RadChart control -- as we have noted in our previous reply RadChart does not perform any modifications on the passed data therefore we do not provide suitable tutorials on the topic. Still, the approach you have already outlined (COUNT and GROUP BY operators) seems like a logical solution for this scenario.

Kind regards,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
bEnDi
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
bEnDi
Top achievements
Rank 2