This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadCalendar for ASP.NET AJAX(Version 2008 Q3) is not supporting SelectedDate.ToUniversalTime() method

7 Answers 45 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ashok
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ashok asked on 29 Sep 2011, 09:49 PM
Hi,

I am using Telerik RAD controls in asp.net application and As a process of RAD control migration, Insatlled RadControls_Q3_2008_dev  application on my machine and replaced all the old RAD dlls  references with 2008 Q3 version dlls but while trying to build the application, Its throwing method not supporting errors.

RadCalendar control is giving the major errors(no extension method available issue)

dtRADCalender.SelectedDate.ToUniversalTime();

Example:

Error 48 'System.Nullable<System.DateTime>' does not contain a definition for 'ToUniversalTime' and no extension method 'ToUniversalTime' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Nullable<System.DateTime>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 

Please suggest the solution ASAP.

Thanks,
Ashok

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 30 Sep 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Ashok,

This exception indicates that, the ToUniversalTime() method is called with parameter, although it should be called without any parameters.

Please, check if this is the case, and if a parameter is passed to the method call, try to remove the parameter and let us know whether the problem is resolved.

Best wishes,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Ashok
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Sep 2011, 02:39 PM
Hi Andrey,

Thank you for the reply,

Telerik RadCalendar control(2008 Q3 Version) is not supporting ToUniversalTime() method, where as in the previous version(2008 Q2) It was supporting, Since while doing migration am facing complication errors.

Please find the Attached error screenshot for better understanding.

Please suggest the possible ways to fix the compilation errors with  out code changes.

Thanks,
Ashok.
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2011, 11:52 AM
Hi Ashok,

Note that 2008 Q3 version is not supported. Please upgrade to the latest version of our controls and let me know whether the issue is resolved.

Also I have created sample project to illustrate how to work with ToUniversalTime method in our latest release.
Check it out and let me know if it helps.

Kind regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Ashok
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Oct 2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Andrey,

Thank you for much help.

I am currently using .Net 2.0 version, Is Version 2011 Q2 is compatable with .Net 2.0/3.5.

Please Clarify.

Thanks,
Ashok
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2011, 04:18 PM
Hello Ashok,

Starting with version Q1 2011 RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are shipped with .NET 3.5 and .NET 4 assemblies only. But despite that fact, you should not have any problems with Q3 2008 SP1 Version. I tested that on my machine and the code executes without an issue. Try running the project I have sent you in my last reply with your assemblies and check whether it is working as expected.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team
Ashok
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Oct 2011, 02:27 PM
Thank you Andrey,

Uninstalled all the RAD control software on my machine and Installed Telerik RAD Q3 2008 SP1 Version as mentioned in below reply and tried to build the .Net application but it is still giving me the complication error(missing directive or assembly reference).

Could you please provide the RAD control software installation process.

Many Thanks,
Ashok.
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2011, 02:49 PM
Hi Ashok,

Try removing all Telerik assembly references that you use in your project and then add them again. After this step is done, please clear the content of the following folders on your local drive - they hold temporary files about your project.

C:\Users\[currently_logged_user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ProjectAssemblies

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files

About the installation process of RadControls, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions.

Regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Ashok
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Ashok
Top achievements
Rank 1