This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

radajaxpanel 2010.1 ajax toolkit error

4 Answers 48 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Petter Forss
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petter Forss asked on 18 May 2010, 06:19 PM
Hello,
I have a simple page with telerik RadAjaxPanel and a RadComboBox. I also need the Ajax toolkit (ver 4) so I refer to the scripts (MicrosoftAjax.js etc). The combobox has autopostback enabled. The error is (when EnableScriptCombine="False"):

Line: 183
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

If I remove the ajax toolkit script reference it works (or dont have autopostback on the combo), so what do I do wrong when I combine them?
Best regards, Petter.

<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="pf3.aspx.vb" Inherits="pf3" %> 
<%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="asp" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
<head runat="server">  
    <title></title>  
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">  

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" Runat="server"   
            EnableScriptCombine="False"   > 
            <Scripts> 
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" /> 
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" /> 
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js" /> 
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="System.Web.Extensions" Name="MicrosoftAjax.js" Path="~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjax.js" /> 
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="System.Web.Extensions" Name="MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" Path="~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" /> 
        </Scripts> 
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server"     height="200px" width="300px">  
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" Runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">  
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem1"   
                    Value="RadComboBoxItem1" /> 
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="RadComboBoxItem2"   
                    Value="RadComboBoxItem2" /> 
            </Items> 
        </telerik:RadComboBox> 
        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 19 May 2010, 12:59 PM
Hi Peter,

Could you please test the application by disabling the ajax on the page and verify if the issue still persist? Also I would suggest downloading the latest internal builds of TelerikControls and test the project with it.

Kind regards,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Petter Forss
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 May 2010, 01:30 PM
Hello!
Thank you  for your response!

If I remove the scripts for AjaxToolkit then it works:
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="System.Web.Extensions" Name="MicrosoftAjax.js" Path="~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjax.js" />
            <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="System.Web.Extensions" Name="MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" Path="~/Scripts/MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" />

Still; I will need them for other toolkit-ajax-items, so I must have another workaround.

If I set   EnableScriptCombine="False"  then the error is at line 183; else lin 1113 so I think it has to do with mismatch during scripthandling.

I have copied in Telerik.Web.UI.dll; that must be enough I assume.

/Petter
Accepted
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2010, 12:15 PM
Hello Peter,

After some local tests we made I supose that the error you are facing after setting EnableScriptCombine="False is due to AjaxToolkit bug. I would suggest downloading the latest version of AjaxToolkit  and also the latest  internal builds of TelerikControls and test the project with it.

Sincerely yours,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Petter Forss
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 May 2010, 02:48 PM
Hi,

I installed the latest: Toolkit (May 18 2010)
Upgraded to Telerik release: RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2010_1_519_dev.msi

It works! (both 

EnableScriptCombine

="false"  and 

EnableScriptCombine

="true" )

Thanks (Did I find a bug ...?)

Best regards, Petter

Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Petter Forss