This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radajaxmanagerproxy

4 Answers 92 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anindya
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anindya asked on 27 Jun 2012, 07:26 PM
Radajaxmanagerproxy.Responsescript is not firing Javascripts in Google Chrome but working fine with IE and FF.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2012, 10:48 AM
Hello Anindya,

I am afraid that RadAjaxManagerProxy does not provide ResponseScript property. Note that the purpose of the proxy is to ease the design-time configuration only. The Proxy does not provide client-side functionality as the Manager does. There is no client-side object as well as functions like ajaxRequest/ajaxRequestWithTarget and client-side events. Instead, one can get the Manager instance through the GetCurrent static method similar to the ASP:ScriptManager control and call the master manager client-side methods if necessary.

I have checked the ResponseScript of the RadAjaxManager control in Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m and it worked as expected on my side. Could you please confirm that on your end? The version of RadControls I have tested is 2012.2.607.

Kind regards,
Martin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Anindya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2012, 06:17 AM
Hello Martin,

Thanks for your response.
I will explain what we did for our application.
We have a main aspx page containing many grids.These grids are contained in individual ascx pages.There are add buttons through which you can add data to the grids.Whenever you click on the Add button it pops up an aspx page.This aspx page doesnt have any master page linked with it.
We used RadAjaxManager on this pop up aspx page like this:

<

telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" EnableScriptCombine="true" EnableHandlerDetection="true"

OutputCompression="AutoDetect" runat="server" AsyncPostBackTimeout="0"/>

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

Also we have Ajaxsettings within the RadAjaxManager

<

AjaxSettings>

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="BtnRemoveSelectedWorkItem">

<UpdatedControls>

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="BtnRemoveSelectedWorkItem" />

</UpdatedControls>

</telerik:AjaxSetting>
</AjaxSettings
>

We are attaching javascript functions to the RadAjaxAanager in the code behind of the  pop up aspx page like :

this

.rdBtnSelctTgppSpec.Attributes.Add("onClick", "CheckChangeWI()");

this.rdBtnDiscloseSpec.Attributes.Add("onClick", "CheckChangeWI()");

this.rdBtnDiscloseSpecVer.Attributes.Add("onClick", "CheckChangeWI()");

RadAjaxManager1.ResponseScripts.Add(

"CheckChangeWI();");

These Javascripts are not getting fired when using google Chrome.But it works well with IE and Firefox.
Are we doing anything wrong here with Ajax settings or Ajax controls are not compatible with Google Chrome.
Please let us know.I can provide you with other information if you need.

Martin
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 06:11 AM
Hello Anindya,

Could you please provide some details about how the pop-up window is opened when the button is clicked. In addition - where is the button located - in the main page or in a user control? Having this information I will try to build a sample project based on your information and debug it locally.

Regards,
Martin
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Anindya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2012, 06:25 PM
Hi Martin,
I was able to rectify the issue.The Problem is with Google Chrome.It indeed checks many things to Render HTML in client system and needs every generated HTML code to be in keeping with its rendering logic.
I just included the portion that fires the Javascript by RadAjax Manager in the Ajaxsettings.
It worked by that way.I wonder how it was working in IE and FF.

Thanks Marin for your help and concern.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Anindya
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team
Anindya
Top achievements