This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAjaxManager and User Controls

1 Answer 113 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Kevin Schneider
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kevin Schneider asked on 30 Dec 2008, 08:52 PM

Hi,

Are there any issues with using your RadAjaxManager and hooking it to specific events for a user control?

I have the following in my main page:

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="Content1" Runat="Server">  
    <Telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="ajaxManager" runat="server" DefaultLoadingPanelID="stickyLoadingPanel">  
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <Telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="ucElementBrowser" EventName="ElementSelected">  
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="phElement" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </Telerik:AjaxSetting> 
            <Telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="phElement$ucElement" EventName="Save">  
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblNotification" /> 
                    <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="ucElementBrowser" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            <Telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="phElement$ucElement" EventName="Delete">  
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblNotification" /> 
                    <Telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="ucElementBrowser" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </Telerik:RadAjaxManager> 
    <UserControl:ElementBrowser ID="ucElementBrowser" runat="server" OnElementSelected="ucElementBrowser_ElementSelected" /> 
    <CustomControls:LabelNotification ID="lblNotification" runat="server" /> 
    <CustomControls:DynamicControlsPlaceholder ID="phElement" runat="server" OnControlRestored="phElement_ControlRestored" /> 
</asp:Content> 

Looking at ucElementBrowser you can see it has an event called "ElementSelected".  I have your manager control then listening for that specific event (EventName="ElementSelected").  This seems to fire for any event though, not just ElementSelected.  Am I doing something wrong?  The same also seems to happen with phElement$ucElement (a dynamically loaded user control with a fixed name).

Also I'm having issues with the the loading panel not displaying correctly.  The LoadingPanel exists on the master page, not on this particular aspx page.  I have it specified above (DefaultLoadingPanelID="stickyLoadingPanel") but this doesn't seem to do anything.  The loading panel displays fine when using a RadAjaxPanel and specifying the same name.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jan 2009, 06:51 AM
Hello Kevin ,

Unfortunately I could not reproduce this issue. I created a test project in my attempt to recreate the abnormality explained so far. I used the latest official build of RadControls. I added ScriptManager control but I could not reproduce the error.
If the problem persists, I suggest you examine the attached test project and open a support thread on this problem. Please modify the test web site in order to reproduce the problem and send it to us.

Best wishes,
Georgi Krustev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Kevin Schneider
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
Share this question
or