This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad Control error with Modal Popup extender in VS 2008.

5 Answers 126 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sanjay Sangal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sanjay Sangal asked on 05 Jul 2010, 10:37 AM
Hi,
Iam using rad control inside modal popup in asp.net 3.5, and getting following Error. So please tell me why iam getting this error.
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadCalendar1' can't be added to the application.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 02:38 PM
Hi,

I'm not able to replicate the described issue locally. Please find attached a sample application which works correctly on my side. Test it locally and let me know what the difference in your case is.

Greetings,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Sanjay Sangal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2010, 01:49 PM
Hi,
 Thanks for your response,
As you send me this demo project, like this my project is also working fine.
I getting problem when doing following.
1- i have one radGrid with Button Column(for edit record).
2- when i click in this button where i have written server side code modalpopup.show(), that time iam getting this error.  
"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Two components with the same id 'ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadTextBox1' can't be added to the application."
Somewhere i have read to set ScriptManager proparty script mode to release then it is solving this issue, but creating another following error.
Iam also sending some screen shot to you, please see it.

Invalid JSON primitive: .

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: .]
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject() +538898
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth) +242
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer) +51
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit) +37
   System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.DeserializeObject(String input) +13
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +137
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadInputControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +50
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +42
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad) +346
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1743
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jul 2010, 11:54 AM
Hi,

Could you please open a regular support ticket and send us small runnable application which replicates the described error. We will test it locally and provide more to-the-point solution.

Sincerely yours,
Maria Ilieva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
naimish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2011, 09:22 AM
Hi Sanjay,

Did u able to resolve this issue, as i am getting same exception.

I am using RadGrid with RadTabStrip inside nested Detail.

Stack Trace:    at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()

at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32 depth)

at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(String input, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer)

at System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializer serializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit)

at Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)

at Telerik.Web.UI.RadInputControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData, Boolean fBeforeLoad)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Antonio
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Apr 2012, 01:50 PM
i have the same problem, how i can resolve it??
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Sanjay Sangal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
Sanjay Sangal
Top achievements
Rank 1