This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad

3 Answers 42 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chris @ Intrinsic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chris @ Intrinsic asked on 02 Dec 2010, 11:54 PM
I have managed to get the popup Radwindows to overlap the radmenu on the master page in IE8, using the fix from your help site.  but, IE7 I cannot get the radwindow to overlap the menu.  The only part of the master page that overlaps any popup radwindow is the menu, so there is
something wrong with the CSS, or there is a workaround for IE7.  I have to get it work for IE7.  Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Dec 2010, 09:24 AM
Hi C,

Such problems can be caused by the broken stacking order in IE6/7. To fix this you need to identify the containers of RadWindow and RadMenu which have the same parent and make sure that RadWindow's one has higher z-index than the one with RadMenu. If you open a support ticket and send a sample project with a reference to this thread, I may be able to help you locate the problematic containers and fix the issue.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Chris @ Intrinsic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Dec 2010, 12:18 AM
I fixed the issue by setting the radwindow cssclass to have a z-index of 999999.  So, it would overlap any window.
but this is a bug in IE7, as this is only happening in IE7, so is there a better way of doing this, as for example if I have other radwindows, set to the same z-index, then they still get overlapped by the menu.

thanks.

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Dec 2010, 04:56 PM
Hello C,

By default RadMenu has higher z-index than any RadWindow, you can try to lower its z-index below 3000 and see if this helps.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Chris @ Intrinsic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
Chris @ Intrinsic
Top achievements
Rank 1