This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

QuickAccessToolbar: separator not working in Office2013 theme

6 Answers 75 Views
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Patrick asked on 13 Feb 2014, 04:52 PM
Hello,
I would like to add a separator between two button groups in the Quick Access Toolbar. After adding the separator in the XAML, the separator is not displayed.
Is this a bug in the Office2013 theme?
Patrick

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boris
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2014, 04:21 PM
Hello Patrick,

When separating items in the Quick Access Toolbar it's best to use our RadToolBarSeparator

<telerik:RadToolBarSeparator Background="Red" />
Actually the QuickAccessToobar class inherits RadToolBar which supports only a set of controls and has predefined styles for them:
  • RadToolBarSeparator
  • Button and RadButton
  • ToggleButon and RadToggleButton
  • RadioButton and RadRadioButton
  • RadDropDownButton
  • RadSplitButton
  • CheckBox
  • TextBlock
  • TextBox

This is why you cannot see the Separator when you place it in the Quick Access ToolBar.
On a side note, the way to set custom styles on the items placed in the RadToolBar is demonstrated in this SDK sample

Please let us know if this helps you.

Regards,
Boris Penev
Telerik

Check out the new Telerik Platform - the only modular platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native apps. Register for the free online keynote and webinar to learn more about the Platform on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 at 11:00 a.m. ET (8:00 a.m. PT).

Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 17 Feb 2014, 04:27 PM
Hi Boris,
thanks for the answer: I will try it in a moment, but you should really correct the documentation, as it said for Quick Access Toolbar:

When you want to add toolbar items to your RadRibbonView's Quick Access
Toolbar, you need to populate the QuickAccessToolbar's Items
collection. It is handy to use the RadRibbonButton,
RadRibbonSplitButton, RadRibbonDropDownButton and Separator
controls.

Patrick
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 17 Feb 2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Boris,
it works with RadToolBarSeparator, but the size of the separator is not correct, as you can see on this screen shot, using the Office2013 theme.
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 17 Feb 2014, 04:41 PM
Hi Boris,
it works with RadToolBarSeparator, but the size of the separator is not correct, as you can see in the attached screen shot, using the Office2013 theme.
Patrick
Accepted
Boris
Telerik team
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 02:02 PM
Hello Patrick,

I have prepared a sample project that demonstrates how you can use Office2013 implicit styles (using NoXaml binaries) and edit the size of the RadToolBarSeparator. In order to do that I set MinHeight and Height of the RadToolBarSeparator via Style like so:

<Window.Resources>
        <Style TargetType="telerik:RadToolBarSeparator" BasedOn="{StaticResource RadToolBarSeparatorStyle}">
            <Setter Property="MinHeight" Value="10" />
            <Setter Property="Height" Value="20" />
        </Style>
    </Window.Resources>
This is needed because the MinHeight is set to 24 by default in Office2013 theme.

As for the misleading documentation article, I agreee with you, I logged it in our system internally and this will be fixed in future releases. I also updated your telerik account points as a thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,
Boris Penev
Telerik
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
answered on 19 Feb 2014, 02:29 PM
Hello Boris,
thank you for the tip, but just setting the MinHeight property to 18 does the trick.
Note that the right value is 18, not 20.
Patrick
Tags
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
Asked by
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Boris