This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2014 WinForms Report Viewer report size different than in Designer

2 Answers 81 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Terry Webster
Top achievements
Rank 1
Terry Webster asked on 02 Feb 2015, 02:48 PM
I have recently upgraded to Q3 2014 Telerik Reporting.  Now I have an issue with the WinForms ReportViewer that I didn't have before.  In the visual studio report designer, I have setup my reports to be 8.5x11 Letter in Landscape mode.  Report renders correctly and prints correctly in the designer.  However, when I render the report in the WinForms ReportViewer, it appears that it is shrinking the report by about 60%.  I have checked all the report settings at runtime and everything appears to be correct.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,

Terry

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Terry Webster
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Feb 2015, 03:03 PM
Here is where I am setting up the ReportViewer to render the report:

Dim myReport As New JMReports.StoreCreditUsage
With myReport
    .ReportParameters("StartDate").Value = startDate
    .ReportParameters("EndDate").Value = endDate
    .UnitOfMeasure = Drawing.UnitType.Inch
    .PageSettings.PaperSize = New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.SizeU(New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(8.5, Drawing.UnitType.Inch), New Telerik.Reporting.Drawing.Unit(11, Drawing.UnitType.Inch))
    .PageSettings.Landscape = True
End With

Dim instanceReportSource As Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource = New Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource()
instanceReportSource.ReportDocument = myReport

ReportViewer1.ReportSource = instanceReportSource
ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()
Nasko
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2015, 12:23 PM
Hello Terry,

The issue might be connected to the OS DPI settings on the machine used to generate the report.
Note that we configured a test machine with different DPI settings, but we did not succeed in reproducing the issue. Thus, we would kindly ask you to render one of our demo reports in the WinForms report viewer and check if the issue persists. The source code of the WinFormsDemo project, which you can use for this test, is located in the Telerik Reporting installation folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q3 2014\Examples\CSharp\WinFormsDemo.

This information will help us determine whether the issue is reproducible with any project and report configuration i.e., if the issue is caused by the system configuration alone, or if it is caused by a combination of specific project/report settings and the system DPI setting.

Regards,
Nasko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Terry Webster
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Terry Webster
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nasko
Telerik team