This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2011 AJAX Project Creation Failed

5 Answers 230 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dan asked on 16 Nov 2011, 05:46 PM
I installed Telerik Asp.Net AJAX RadControls Q3 2011. I open VS 2010 and select Telerik -> RadControls for ASP.Net AJAX -> Create New Telerik Project. I select C# RadControls WebApplication and click OK. I get the error "Microsoft Visual Studio" "Method not found: 'Void Telerik.VSX.WizardEngine.Configuration.ActionInfo.set_ExecuteConditions(Telerik.VSX.WizardEngine.Configuration.ConditionInfo[])'. I close the message box and the VS status bar says "Creating project 'RadControlsWebApp1'...project creation failed. I have re-booted and re-started VS and still get the same error. Please suggest a fix.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 09:56 AM
Hello Dan,

Sorry about that!
There is a rare case when some files remains from the previous installation and thus breaking the VSExtensions. I guess you might have experienced that exact problem. Could you please try the following steps in order to re install the Extensions?

1.    Close all Visual Studio instances
2.    Use Windows Explorer to check the following two folders for "Telerik WebUI VSExtension" subfolders and delete them: %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Telerik
[VisualStudioInstallDir]\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Telerik
3. Open VS2010 and go to Tools -> Extension Manager. Go to the Online Gallery and in the Search field in the top right corner type Telerik.
4. Download and install Telerik WebUI VSExtension. Restart the studio if it prompts to.
5. Try again to create new Telerik Project.

Let me know if that helps.

Best wishes,
Biliana Ficheva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 03:03 PM
That fixed it. I had to follow your steps twice though. On the first pass I noticed there was no "Telerik WebUI VSExtension" folder in the first path you list (%localappdata%...). Also on my first try I just renamed the folder instead of delete it. It didn't work until I deleted the folder(s) and re-installed the extension.

Thanks!
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 04:10 PM
It broke again. After fixing the problem I followed my initial steps "Create New Telerik Project...". When I noticed the Metro skin was missing I realized I had not yet re-installed Q3 2011 Asp.net AJAX. After running the installation (Telerik.Web.UI_2011_3_1115_Dev.msi) project creation again failed. It seems the Q3 2011 installation is deleting the folder "Telerik WebUI VSExtension" from the %localappdata% path listed above and not replacing it. So, I copied that folder from the second path you listed (to the first path) and now the Q3 update is working (finally!).
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2011, 04:38 PM
Hi Dan,

The reason for the failure after the Q3 installation is that the extensions in the installer are with a different version from the one you get from the Online Gallery.
Such problems are observed when more than one VSExtensions packages with different versions are used. The best workaround is to always keep the VSExtensions the same version. So I would recommend you to use the Online Gallery in order to install the latest version of the Telerik VSExtension.

Kind regards,
Biliana Ficheva
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2012, 02:55 PM
When this error occurred again in VS 2010 I went to Tools -> Extension Manager... and selected Updates() on the left side of the Extension Manager. From there I updated every Telerik extension. This made the error go away.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
Dan
Top achievements
Rank 1