This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2010 Bug or Change?

11 Answers 135 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Richard asked on 10 Nov 2010, 11:26 PM
Hello,

I installed the Q3 update this morning and I am getting the below error now.  After some investigating, I found that it is because my StartDate and EndDate values were set to the same date and time (I am running on converted data so the dates and times were set the same...i.e. 08/25/2005 08:30 AM for both start date and end date).  When the scheduler tried to display this on the screen it gave the error.  The previous release seemed to handle this scenario ok.  It's not a big deal for us since I know the solution and we can set our data up properly.  But I wanted to make sure to point it out if this is indeed a new bug with the Q3 release.

Thanks!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Height must be non negative.
Parameter name: value

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Height must be non negative.
Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Height must be non negative.
Parameter name: value]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Style.set_Height(Unit value) +8694900
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.set_Height(Unit value) +30
   Telerik.Web.UI.AppointmentControl.CalculateSize() +234
   Telerik.Web.UI.DayViewAppointmentControl.CalculateSize() +45
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.RowBuilder..ctor(IList`1 slotList, Int32 maxColumnWidth) +709
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.RendererBase.CreateViewRows(IList`1 slotLists) +161
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.RendererBase.CreateInnerContentTable(Control container, IList`1 slotLists) +101
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.Renderer.GetInnerContent() +144
   Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.Renderer.GetContent() +93
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateContent() +122
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls(Boolean bindFromDataSource) +106
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls() +10
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.SaveViewState() +20
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive(ViewStateMode inheritedMode) +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive(ViewStateMode inheritedMode) +148
   System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +194
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2839

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Nov 2010, 10:19 AM
Hi Richard,

Thank you for reporting this to our team.
This should most definitely be a bug, so we are going to log and schedule it for fix.

Please, set the duration of the appointments bigger then 0 (as you said) as a workaround for now!

Your telerik points are updated!

Regards,
Nikolay Tsenkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Nov 2010, 10:57 AM
Nice one Richard. I just ran into this and could have spent a fair while looking into the cause if you hadn't figured it out already!

Regards,

Jon
Thomas Schicker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Nov 2010, 10:39 PM
Richard...thanks for the post.  I too ran into this problem.  However, my startdates and enddates do not have the same value.  I was able to isolate the problem to the setting EnableExactTimeRendering="true".  Once I set the value to FALSE, I was able to generate the page again.

Tom

Gregory Jenkins
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 01:20 AM
Agreed, nice catch Richard. Thanks
Jesse Lawler
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jan 2011, 05:41 AM
I'm experiencing this problem, but have no identical Start/End times, and I have set EnableExactTimeRendering="False".  Are there any other known things I can do to avoid this error?  Thanks!
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jan 2011, 09:46 AM
Hello Jesse,

Could you, please, explain in a bit more detail what exactly is the issue you are experiencing?
Please, provide some code reproducing the problem.

Regards,
Nikolay Tsenkov
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Jesse Lawler
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jan 2011, 03:09 AM
This issue seems to have disappeared for me.  Not sure if it was a caching issue or something else, but at this point, with the end-time for all records set after the start-time, I'm smooth sailing.  Thanks.
Brian
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Feb 2011, 05:33 PM
Ran into the same issue.
SomeDummy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2011, 01:52 PM
The Problem occurs on my side, only when the following are given:

RadScheduler has EnableExactTimeRendering = True and the Start and Endtime is not further apart then 5 Minutes.
I have tested the problem from similar Datetimes till to the Point where the error doesnt show up anymore.

Once your Start and End time is further apart then 5 mintues you wont have a problem in showing the page, but there is still the problem that a 5 Minute task only has a 0 Pixel height (inline Style of div element that has rsApt or rsAptOut cssClass).
So... for some Reason it seems that the height gets subtracted by 5 which results to 0 pixel at a difference of 5 mintues, when you only have a 4 Minutes difference... yeah everyone who have read so far will get what happens. :)
For all the others: 4 minus 5 = -1 results to the mentioned error.

Hope this will get fixed.
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Feb 2011, 12:37 PM
Hi Brian,

This issue is already fixed. Please, upgrade to the newest version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX in order to get the change.

Regards,
Nikolay Tsenkov
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Janani
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Mar 2011, 12:03 PM
I also getting the same error but this occurs in Master Data Services.
Can anyone please give me the solution?
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements