Q3 2010 Bug or Change?

12 posts, 0 answers
  1. Richard
    Richard avatar
    28 posts

Posted 10 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Hello,

I installed the Q3 update this morning and I am getting the below error now.  After some investigating, I found that it is because my StartDate and EndDate values were set to the same date and time (I am running on converted data so the dates and times were set the same...i.e. 08/25/2005 08:30 AM for both start date and end date).  When the scheduler tried to display this on the screen it gave the error.  The previous release seemed to handle this scenario ok.  It's not a big deal for us since I know the solution and we can set our data up properly.  But I wanted to make sure to point it out if this is indeed a new bug with the Q3 release.

Thanks!

Server Error in '/' Application.

Height must be non negative.
    Parameter name: value

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Height must be non negative.
    Parameter name: value

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Height must be non negative.
    Parameter name: value]
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Style.set_Height(Unit value) +8694900
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl.set_Height(Unit value) +30
       Telerik.Web.UI.AppointmentControl.CalculateSize() +234
       Telerik.Web.UI.DayViewAppointmentControl.CalculateSize() +45
       Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.RowBuilder..ctor(IList`1 slotList, Int32 maxColumnWidth) +709
       Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.RendererBase.CreateViewRows(IList`1 slotLists) +161
       Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.RendererBase.CreateInnerContentTable(Control container, IList`1 slotLists) +101
       Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.Renderer.GetInnerContent() +144
       Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduler.Views.Week.Renderer.GetContent() +93
       Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateContent() +122
       Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls(Boolean bindFromDataSource) +106
       Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.CreateChildControls() +10
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
       Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.SaveViewState() +20
       System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive(ViewStateMode inheritedMode) +50
       System.Web.UI.Control.SaveViewStateRecursive(ViewStateMode inheritedMode) +148
       System.Web.UI.Page.SaveAllState() +194
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2839

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
  2. Nikolay Tsenkov
    Admin
    Nikolay Tsenkov avatar
    734 posts

Posted 11 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reporting this to our team.
    This should most definitely be a bug, so we are going to log and schedule it for fix.

Please, set the duration of the appointments bigger then 0 (as you said) as a workaround for now!

Your telerik points are updated!

Regards,
    Nikolay Tsenkov
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  3. Jon
    Jon avatar
    813 posts

Posted 16 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Nice one Richard. I just ran into this and could have spent a fair while looking into the cause if you hadn't figured it out already!

Regards,

Jon
  4. Thomas Schicker
    Thomas Schicker avatar
    3 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Richard...thanks for the post.  I too ran into this problem.  However, my startdates and enddates do not have the same value.  I was able to isolate the problem to the setting EnableExactTimeRendering="true".  Once I set the value to FALSE, I was able to generate the page again.

Tom

5. Gregory Jenkins
    Gregory Jenkins avatar
    1 posts

Posted 17 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Agreed, nice catch Richard. Thanks
  6. Jesse Lawler
    Jesse Lawler avatar
    46 posts

Posted 04 Jan 2011 Link to this post

I'm experiencing this problem, but have no identical Start/End times, and I have set EnableExactTimeRendering="False".  Are there any other known things I can do to avoid this error?  Thanks!
  7. Nikolay Tsenkov
    Admin
    Nikolay Tsenkov avatar
    734 posts

Posted 10 Jan 2011 Link to this post

Hello Jesse,

Could you, please, explain in a bit more detail what exactly is the issue you are experiencing?
    Please, provide some code reproducing the problem.

Regards,
    Nikolay Tsenkov
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
  8. Jesse Lawler
    Jesse Lawler avatar
    46 posts

Posted 10 Jan 2011 Link to this post

This issue seems to have disappeared for me.  Not sure if it was a caching issue or something else, but at this point, with the end-time for all records set after the start-time, I'm smooth sailing.  Thanks.
  9. Brian
    Brian avatar
    28 posts

Posted 02 Feb 2011 Link to this post

Ran into the same issue.
  10. SomeDummy
    SomeDummy avatar
    1 posts

Posted 04 Feb 2011 Link to this post

The Problem occurs on my side, only when the following are given:

RadScheduler has EnableExactTimeRendering = True and the Start and Endtime is not further apart then 5 Minutes.
    I have tested the problem from similar Datetimes till to the Point where the error doesnt show up anymore.

Once your Start and End time is further apart then 5 mintues you wont have a problem in showing the page, but there is still the problem that a 5 Minute task only has a 0 Pixel height (inline Style of div element that has rsApt or rsAptOut cssClass).
    So... for some Reason it seems that the height gets subtracted by 5 which results to 0 pixel at a difference of 5 mintues, when you only have a 4 Minutes difference... yeah everyone who have read so far will get what happens. :)
    For all the others: 4 minus 5 = -1 results to the mentioned error.

Hope this will get fixed.
  11. Nikolay Tsenkov
    Admin
    Nikolay Tsenkov avatar
    734 posts

Posted 07 Feb 2011 Link to this post

Hi Brian,

This issue is already fixed. Please, upgrade to the newest version of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX in order to get the change.

Regards,
    Nikolay Tsenkov
    the Telerik team
    Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
  12. Janani
    Janani avatar
    1 posts

Posted 08 Mar 2011 Link to this post

I also getting the same error but this occurs in Master Data Services.
    Can anyone please give me the solution?