This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2008 SP2 Breaking Progress

4 Answers 84 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
jenkmeister
Top achievements
Rank 1
jenkmeister asked on 22 Jan 2009, 12:53 AM
I've upgraded from Q2 2008 to the Q3 SP2 bits, and now the progress area is no longer being displayed (worked with no issues in Q2).

Tracing the web requests, I can see calls being made to the Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx but the content returned is always:

var rawProgressData = {InProgress:false,ProgressCounters:false};

The OnClientProgressUpdating event also appears to no longer be called (which I'd assume is because the progress data is reporting the upload isn't in progress). The OnClientProgressStarted event however is being called. The file also completes it's upload.

I've been through the troubleshooting guides which unfortunately have not resolved the issue.

Telerik - please help... (this is the 3rd major breaking issue I've come across in the SP2 update which is starting to make me consider rolling back to the Q2 bits)

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2009, 12:09 PM
Hi jenkmeister,

This is indeed strange. It is working fine on our online demos.
You can also check the Changes and backward compatibility page.

Can you isolate the problem in a small running project and send it to us in a new support ticket?

Regards,
Veselin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Christopher Bishop
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 Jan 2009, 04:02 AM
Same problem, online demos work fine as a matter of fact i just took the code from here:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/Upload/Examples/UsingTargetFolder/DefaultCS.aspx

And it works fine locally VS2008, but copy it to the Win 2003 web server and nada the file uploads just fine but the progress "never" shows, even if you do a js.style.display=''; on it to force it to be seen it is never updated.
jenkmeister
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jan 2009, 06:40 AM
I spent about a day doing more investigation, starting with a brand new web site and then working that back into the site it wasn't working on. Eventually I got the progress working again. It turned out that in my global.asax, there was an override for the Application_BeginRequest function. The code in that function was left over from an issue with flash and cookies from using a different upload control before using this telerik one. Once I removed that code, the progress worked again. This was on a Win2K3 box.

Christopher - if you can get Httpwatch or Fiddler setup, see what content is coming back when the request handler responds. If you're getting a response that is what I was seeing (the var rawProgressData...), then your handler is setup. Next see if there are any other httpmodules in the web config. Then check the global.asax. That seems to be the list I had to go through.
Yuriy Rogach
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 04 Feb 2009, 01:05 PM
Hi jenkmeister,

I have the same problem, but can't find the way how to fix it.

I have several custom HttpHandlers, but it's registered below then "Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx".

Evething was working fine in Q2 2008, but after installing Q3 SP2 the progress area is no longer being displayed.

I'm getting the same as you from RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx - var rawProgressData = {InProgress:false,ProgressCounters:false};

I'm using IIS 7.0

Any idea ?
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
jenkmeister
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
Christopher Bishop