This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2012 RadComboBox Text cut off in ie7

7 Answers 99 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nick asked on 12 Mar 2012, 10:48 PM
Using 2012.1.306 dll's the selected text(not in the drop-down list) in the radcombobox is cut off if it is longer than 150px in ie7 only. This behavior is also observed on this site's demo section. More reasons to stick with the 2011.3 build...

Nick

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Mar 2012, 11:12 PM

Attached Image is from IE8 running in IE7 Compatibility View, after selecting a longer item from the comboboxes on the followign page:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/populatingwithdata/autocompletesql/defaultcs.aspx

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Mar 2012, 05:10 AM
Hello,

Check the following help documentation which explains how to set the caret position in IE when selected text is long.
Set caret position at the beginning of the input in IE, when the text of the selected item is too long.

-Shinu.
MATHIEU
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2012, 08:23 PM
Hello,

We are using the Q1 2012 SP1 and we also have this text cutoff issue in IE7. I tried using the javscript function mentioned but it didn;t fix the issue. Could you please let me know if you have any workaround for IE7.

Thanks & Regards,
Sonith
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2012, 03:04 PM
Hello MATHIEU,

The issue that you describe sounds familiar.
In case you use RadFormDecorator - please exclude the RadComboBox form the decorated controls.
Here you can find more details about decorated controls.

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
MATHIEU
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Apr 2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks Kalina.

I'm using RadFormDecorator and currently I have the DecoratedControls set to All. After reviewing the link mentioned, I changed it to None and I dynamically added the controls and excluded the RadcomboBox. Now it works fine.

code I added is mentioned below:
private void DecorateForm()
{
            radFormDeco.DecoratedControls = FormDecoratorDecoratedControls.None;
            radFormDeco.DecoratedControls |= (FormDecoratorDecoratedControls)Enum.Parse(typeof(FormDecoratorDecoratedControls), "Buttons");
            radFormDeco.DecoratedControls |= (FormDecoratorDecoratedControls)Enum.Parse(typeof(FormDecoratorDecoratedControls), "Textarea");
        }

Thanks & Regards,
Sonith
PHDComputing
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 06 Aug 2012, 05:49 PM
I have the same issue with IE7. Thanks for providing this code.
For IE8, it works fine without using this code.

Mathieu,
Is this IE7 issue?

peter
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 07 Aug 2012, 01:12 PM
Hi Peter,

Can you provide us more details about your implementation and paste some sample code here?

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Thomas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shinu
Top achievements