This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2009 +firefox2 bug?

4 Answers 53 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bruce Hochstetler
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bruce Hochstetler asked on 20 Mar 2009, 07:27 PM
Hi,

I decided to do some regression testing on a Linux box that has firefox 2.0.0.17 loaded. It seems all my toolbars are stretched across the page and the text is all left align on top of each other. Of course firefox3 has no problems. I verified the issue by going the demo site and observed the same issue with your markup.

I'm not sure what browser version's Telerik supports... just thought I would give you guys a heads up on a potiential problem.

Thanks,
Bruce

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Mar 2009, 07:42 PM
Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the report. Indeed we have this issue in our latest Q1 2009 release. Our developers already fixed it and you can try the latest internal build. It is located here:

http://www.telerik.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2faccount%2fdownloads%2finternal-builds.aspx

Kind regards,
Helen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Bruce Hochstetler
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Mar 2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Helen,

I've downloaded and installed the build (2009.1.318) and reran the test. It's not completely fixed. The toolbar still occupies the full width of the page. The buttons and other components are now spread out to the left, but are at usable. The last item in the list is a little off center, hanging lower than the rest.

On another somewhat related issue, I was looking at the FormDecorator->Styling RadControls on Windows XP/pro SP3, with Firefox 3.0.7/IE7 and noticed the tabs were not decorated... Tab 1 Tab 2 - how it basically looks. Not sure thats what you guys intended.

Thanks,
Bruce
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2009, 01:08 PM
Hello Bruce,

The attached image is what I see with the currently latest internal build under FF2. Could you please send a sample project / live url with the issues that you described?

We still support FF2, yet Mozilla stopped supporting it, and since FF2-based intranets are rare, it's somewhat at the end of the list of supported browsers.

Regarding the Styling RadControls example, the tabs are part of RadTabStrip and are used for showing the second page of controls (the ones with attached ToolTips). The example is a bit chaotic, indeed - thanks for sharing that - we'll improve it for future versions.

Kind regards,
Alex
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Bruce Hochstetler
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Mar 2009, 04:04 PM
Hi Alex,

I've isolated the problem with regards to FF2, I have some styles that define the centering of the div elements. Once removed the toolbars line up correctly. I will investigate further. It seems if I remove the style definitions, then it break IE7, but FF3 and FF2 is ok.

Thanks,
Bruce
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Bruce Hochstetler
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Helen
Telerik team
Bruce Hochstetler