This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem with RadEditor

3 Answers 114 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Felipe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Felipe asked on 04 Aug 2008, 09:42 PM
When I click in image manager, i get the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Invalid path. Could not get SPFolder.

we use the RadEditor full edition version: 4.4.1.0.
Please how can I fix it ASAP

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2008, 10:30 AM
Hi Felipe ,

Gennerally, in order for the image manager to work properly, you should set the ImagesPaths property to point to either:

• a subfolder of your web application hosting the images files (for example named "Images")
  • a virtual directory of your web application that has a physical path pointing outside of your web application (for example named "Images")
  • a shared drive that is a virtual folder of your web application. You can see the following KB article for more information: http://www.telerik.com/Default.aspx?PageId=2514&b454K=UmA&b454T=V (Uploading images and files to a Shared Drive).
subfolder of your web application hosting the images files ( example named "Images")

The image manager does not accept any physical or URL paths, due to web standards and limitations. You can see the following KB article for more information on uploading images to the server: http://www.telerik.com/Default.aspx?PageId=2514&b454K=xJX&b454T=D (ID#630).

Since the image source is outiside your application, you should use relative paths and/or create a virtual directory. 

The virtual directory should not be a web application and should reside within your application root in IIS. Then you can point to it by name.

Please ensure that the Virtual Directory is not a web application (see screenshot): To check this, open IIS and locate your root application folder, and find the newly created Virtual Directory under it.
Right-click on the VirtualDirectory and click the properties option. In the Application name section, click the Remove button ( if enabled, it means the Virtual folder is a web application)

Sincerely yours,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Felipe
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Aug 2008, 06:56 PM
And how can I check this image path
Sorry i'm new with SharePoint and this radeditor component

Please advice

Thanks
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Aug 2008, 05:47 AM
Hi Felipe,

You have not specified that you are using RadEditor for MOSS which misled my colleague Svetlina and her answer was meant to RadEditor Classic only.

The "Invalid path. Could not get SPFolder" error in RadEditor 4.4.1 is a known issue in that version of the RadEditor for MOSS. Please update to the latest available build 4.5.3 from our site to fix the problem.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Felipe
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
Felipe
Top achievements
Rank 1