I use Rad Editor on Sitecore.
As described below , span tags are erased when I change link with HyperLink Manager.
<a href="./../solution/products/"><span class="title">products</span></a>
<a href="/aspnet-ajax/Editor/images/UserDir/PublicRelations/Telerik at TechEd.doc">/aspnet-ajax/Editor/images/UserDir/PublicRelations/Telerik at TechEd.doc</a>
This is what I will reproduce even in the demo site .
Please tell me how to resolve .
4 Answers, 1 is accepted
You can use the DOM Inspector module at the bottom, select the hyperlink and modify its settings.
On a side note - on my end things worked as expected with span elements. I am attaching a short video that shows the expected behavior.
Also, if the issue is with span elements, you can try disabling the OptimizeSpans filter, as we advised in your previous thread: http://www.telerik.com/forums/problem-with-rad-editor-on-sitecore.
On a side note - we do not support Sitecore and we have had reports that indicate it runs on an extremely old version of RadEditor that is prone to causing issues, so I would advise that you look into upgrading to the latest (Q2 2015 at the time of writing).
Thank you for your answer !
It occurs when I change link with HyperLink Manager using Document Manager Button.
Sorry for short of my descripton.
Thank you for the additional information. I was able to observe this behavior and I have consulted with the dev team and here is the essence:
- the hyperlink functionality in RadEditor is not designed to handle span elements in the link, it is designed for plain text nodes
- in simple cases, spans may be handled properly, but this cannot be guaranteed
- if you select a span and insert a link, RadEditor will insert it inside the span
Thus, what I can advise is the following
- if you generate the template, put the anchor tag inside the span, because a span inside an anchor cannot be generated via RadEditor and is not supported yet
- if possible, remove the span and use a class for the anchor itself
- use our Feedback portal (http://feedback.telerik.com/project/108) to log your idea on how spans should be handled. This will let you describe the expected behavior, the use case you have, the current issue you have. Then, our client community can see, vote and comment on the idea and if it gains enough traction, it will be considered by the development team. When the idea is explained in detail, this helps in implementing it better.
Hi, Thank you for your answer !
I understood that span tag is not supported in RadEditor in the link.
I think other way.
Thank you very much for your answer.