Problem with progress manager

Thread is closed for posting
3 posts, 0 answers
  1. Lance
    Lance avatar
    49 posts
    Member since:
    May 2008

    Posted 16 Jan 2009 Link to this post

    Hello,
    I have a problem with the RadProgressArea not appearing on a production server.  The same code works fine on my dev box, but when I put it onto the production environment, it does not appear.  There are no errors, and the files upload fine,  it just doesn't show the progress indicator.
    Here is the ASPX page code.  There is also a single RadUpload on the page.
    <telerik:RadProgressManager ID="RadProgressManager1" runat="server" /> 
    <telerik:radprogressarea id="ProgressArea1" runat="server"  EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" Skin="Vista"></telerik:radprogressarea> 
     

    Here is the web.config code:
    <httpHandlers> 
        <add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler,Telerik.Web.UI, Version =2008.2.826.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4 " /> 
    </httpHandlers> 
    <httpModules> 
        <add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule,Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2008.2.826.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" /> 
    </httpModules> 
             

    I don't know where to start to look for the problem, the implementation of this seems quite straight forward, so I must be missing something really simple.

    I am running on Windows 2008 with iis7 and ie7.

    Also, if I open http://website/telerik.raduploadprogresshandler.ashx it returns the following,  So it seems I have the handlers working (I think)
    var rawProgressData = {InProgress:false,ProgressCounters:false};


    Any help is much appreciated.
  2. Lance
    Lance avatar
    49 posts
    Member since:
    May 2008

    Posted 16 Jan 2009 Link to this post

    I found the solution (I think)  Once I tried this, it started working.
    at the command line I had to run this:
    %windir%\system32\inetsrv\appcmd set config "DefaultWeb" -section:requestFiltering -requestLimits.maxAllowedContentLength:104857600


    I guess in iis 7 the web.config's maxRequestLength is not used, and you have to set the maxAllowedContentLength.
  3. Festus
    Festus avatar
    5 posts
    Member since:
    Sep 2008

    Posted 31 Jan 2009 Link to this post

    Lance,

    I had the same problem, your suggestion solved my problem.

     

    I added the following to my web.config:

    <system.webServer> 
         <security>   
             <requestFiltering>   
                 <requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="1073741824"/>   
             </requestFiltering>   
         </security>   
    </system.webServer> 
     
     

     

     

     

    Thank you

Back to Top