Problem with get_expanded() function

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Som
    Som avatar
    35 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 01 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    It seems that the get_expanded() function of a node returns false even if the node has been expanded but has 0 children. I will appreciate if you could please look into it and let me know if it is actually an issue or am I missing something. If it is actually an issue then I will appreciate a work around.

    Thanks
    Som
  2. Atanas Korchev
    Admin
    Atanas Korchev avatar
    8462 posts

    Posted 02 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Som,

    How can we reproduce this behavior? I tried using load on demand and the get_expanded property reported correct values even for nodes which have no children after loading on demand. Find attached my test page. Upon clicking a node the value returned by get_expanded is shown via alert.

    Greetings,
    Albert
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
  3. Som
    Som avatar
    35 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2007

    Posted 02 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Try ServerSide  expandmode instead of ServerSideCallBack.

  4. Atanas Korchev
    Admin
    Atanas Korchev avatar
    8462 posts

    Posted 02 Apr 2009 Link to this post

    Hi Som,

    Indeed the Expanded property is not serialized at all now when the node has no children. Perhaps this is done to save a few bytes of the rendered markup. Anyway I recognize this as a bug and have logged it for fixing.The fix will be incorporated in the upcoming internal builds. I have also updated your telerik points.

    Regards,
    Albert
    the Telerik team

    Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Back to Top