This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem in RadEditor in Webpart on Sharepoint 2010

3 Answers 102 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Farshad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Farshad asked on 25 Jul 2012, 05:58 AM
Hi,

Please response to kassaiefarshad@yahoo.com

I have used a RadEditor in webpart on Sharepoint 2010.However, some buttons like "Image Manager" or "Document Manager" or "Hyperlink Manager" and so forth in Editor doesn't work and return an error.
error is such as follow:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /_CONTROLTEMPLATES/Hojan.KMS.Webparts/KnowledgeEntry/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx

any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Farshad

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2012, 03:59 PM
Hi,

When it comes to SharePoint 2010 we always recommend using the specially designed RadEditor for SharePoint 2010. It automatically registers its dialog and spellcheck handlers and have a special file browser content provider written to work with the SharePoint libraries.

In order to use it, install the RadEditor for SharePoint 2010: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-installing_radeditor__radgrid_web_parts_on_sharepoint_2010.html. Then in you custom web solution you can use the SPRadEditorclass, which is defined in the Telerik.SharePoint namespace of the RadEditorSharePoint assembly. The dialog handlers will be automatically configured and the dialog will work without any additional configurations.

Here is a sample web part project with RadEditor for SharePoint 2010: RadEditorWebPart.zip.

You can find more information in the following articles: Installing RadEditor & RadGrid Web Parts on SharePoint 2010 and Using the RadEditor WebPart.

Kind regards,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Vasu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Aug 2012, 12:42 AM
Hi Rumen,

You sample web part project is not working. It says "Cannot import webpart" when I tried to add the custom web part that is built based on your project.

Can you please let me know what can fix the issue?

I am trying to add Telerik RadEditor Webpart in one of the aspx pages. It adds fine. But, throwing javascript errors and not saving the data that I enter in the RadEditor.

Here is what I did to add the same to the ASPX pages:

To register Telerik assembly, I used the following line:

<%@ Register Tagprefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=6.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" %>

and in the web part zone I added the following line:

<telerik:RadEditorWebPart runat="server" ID="g_e8cbf809-66a1-4816-8479-46165c68529b" Description="Main Content Area" Title="Main Content Area" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{E8CBF809-66A1-4816-8479-46165C68529B}" WebPart="true" __designer:IsClosed="false" partorder="0" PartImageLarge="/_layouts/images/radeditor.gif"></telerik:RadEditorWebPart>

Not sure if missed anything else which is required for the RadEditor to work properly.

Please help me on the same.

Regards,
Vasu
Vasu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Aug 2012, 01:34 AM
Hi Rumen,

I figured out the issue. It just works fine when I removed the IDs from the webpart.

The line that I now added to add web part is as follows:
<telerik:RadEditorWebPart runat="server" Description="Main Content Area" ChromeType="None" Title="Main Content Area" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" WebPart="true" __designer:IsClosed="false" partorder="0" PartImageLarge="/_layouts/images/radeditor.gif"></telerik:RadEditorWebPart>

Regards,
Vasu
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Farshad
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Vasu