This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Problem in adding Telerik AJAX RADControl in the Visual Studio 2012 toolbox

1 Answer 143 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Shubhadeep
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shubhadeep asked on 24 Aug 2013, 10:11 AM
Dear All,
I have installed Telerik control with the "Telerik.Web.UI_2011_2_712_Dev.msi". It is basically Q2 2011 version. When i am installing it then it showing that it is installed for VS2008 and VS2010. Both are installed in my PC. It is not installed for VS2012. I want the telerik controls in the VS2012 toolbox. How can I do that also in the installed folder there are two folders called bin35 and bin40, There is no folder for bin45. So how can i do that? please help me.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 26 Aug 2013, 04:27 PM
Hi Shubhadeep,

Thank you for contacting us.

The installation package you've installed was built when VS2012 and .Net ver.4.5 didn't exist. That's why the ASP.NET AJAX controls are not integrated with VS2012 and bin45 folder is not available.
To use the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX assemblies built against .Net ver.4.5 you will need to install a more recent version of the product.

If you'd like to use the installed version of the controls with your VS2012, you'll need to install the latest Telerik WebUI Visual Studio Extensions in your VS2012 IDE. You can follow these steps:
  1. Open Visual Studio 2012 and go to Tools | Extensions and Updates... | Online | Visual Studio Gallery
  2. In the Search Visual Studio Gallery field (in the top right corner) type "Telerik WebUI VSExtensions"
  3. Download and install the Telerik WebUI VSExtensions package

You will then be able to create new RadControls projects, upgrade existing projects and convert existing projects to RadControls projects using the installed assemblies. Using the Telerik Toolbox Configurator (Telerik | RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX | Launch Toolbox Configurator from the Visual Studio main menu) you'll be able to set the Telerik controls to the toolbox. You can read more on using the our VSExtensions in the following help article: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-vsx-overview.html.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Dimitar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Shubhadeep
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Share this question
or