This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Print Button Not Working In Telerik Q1 2014

9 Answers 340 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nageswararao
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nageswararao asked on 27 May 2014, 07:23 AM
Hello,

I am using telerik Reporting Q1 2014 Latest Version In this version I am not able to print the report .. In the Report firstly its downloaded as PDF and not to print directly . 
         Is there any solution to overcome this problem

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2014, 12:26 PM
Hello Nageswararao,

It is not clear which viewer is used in your application.

In general, our considerations for direct printing are listed in the Print in Firefox KB article.
The article applies to the ASP.NET ReportViewer, the Silverlight ReportViewer when it does not use its native printing, and the HTML5 Report Viewer when it uses directPrint set to true.

If you need further help, please specify the used viewer and the tested browsers.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Nageswararao
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2014, 10:34 AM
Hello Stef,

I am using Html 5 Report viewer , your suggesting direct print set to true but it is not working in chrome and other browsers its just exported to Pdf First and print dialogue invoked. My question is whether this report viewer directly print or not..

please suggest me,

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 31 May 2014, 10:38 AM
Hello Nageswararao,

The browsers' Print Dialogs are raised directly after setting the directPrint option to true in our local MvcDemo (installed by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2014\Examples):
directPrint: true

Verify the tested browsers have properly installed and enabled Adobe PDF plugins, and conform the requirements listed in the Direct Print help article.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Nageswararao
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2014, 10:42 AM
Hello Stef,

U gave a solution directPrint: true in our Local MvcDemo ican't Understand where i kept this statement.
can u please help me
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2014, 11:49 AM
Hello,

In our local demos I used the following script to add the HTML5 Report Viewer with directPrint option turned on:
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function () {
        $("#reportViewer1")
            .telerik_ReportViewer({
                serviceUrl: "api/reports/",            
                templateUrl: 'ReportViewer/templates/telerikReportViewerTemplate.html',            
                reportSource: { report: "Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.ReportCatalog, CSharp.ReportLibrary" },           
                viewMode: telerikReportViewer.ViewModes.INTERACTIVE,              
                scaleMode: telerikReportViewer.ScaleModes.SPECIFIC,             
                directPrint: true,
                scale: 1.0,
                ready: function () {
                    //this.refreshReport();
                },
            });
    });
</script>

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Nageswararao
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jun 2014, 12:05 PM
Hello,

I already tried this stef, but it should downloaded to pdf first ,while it open the print preview is invoked..
Is there any possible to print preview is invoked without downloading the report..
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2014, 12:55 PM
Hello Nageswararao,

At our side the settings work as expected - Result.png.

Please check if the tested browsers conform the following conditions:
  • Adobe Reader browser plug-in or Chrome PDF plug-in (for Chrome) should be installed and enabled. If Adobe Reader or Chrome PDF plug-in is not detected, clicking the print button would export the report to PDF. Depending on the browser the PDF would either open directly for preview or ask you to save it as a file.
  • Disable any other PDF related plug-ins such as Foxit.
  • JavaScript should be enabled in your browser.
  • JavaScript should be enabled in Adobe Reader.
  • (Internet Explorer only) Print menu in IE group policy should be enabled.
  • (Internet Explorer only) ActiveX Filtering should be disabled.

You can test also with our online demos, where the ASP.NET ReportViewer uses the True Print functionality, which requires similar browser settings.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

IamSalik
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jun 2015, 10:43 AM

Hello Steff,

I have an issue with print as well and that is with print command on 2nd time.

Here is the simple scenario..
I initialized report viewer of html5. On a button click i refresh report with new data source and added "viewer.commands.print.exec()" for print. It works for the first time. But Second time report is refreshed but is not printed.

Here is my Refresh Code

viewer = $("#reportViewer").data("telerik_ReportViewer");

viewer.reportSource({
      report: reportPrms
});
viewer.refreshReport();

viewer.commands.print.exec();

What can be the issue. I am using Q3_2014 v 8.2

Regards
Salik

Stef
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2015, 02:09 PM
Hi Salik,

Please check my post in your forum thread on the same question - Html5 Report Viewer Print Issue on 2nd print.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Nageswararao
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Nageswararao
Top achievements
Rank 1