This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Possible Bug with rel. 2015.3.1111 (Nov 11, 2015)

2 Answers 16 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julian asked on 08 Jan 2016, 03:26 PM

I have a master page that contains a radMenu. On another page, which uses this master page, my content contains a radPanelBar with various radPanelItems (links mostly) and then a radTabStrip. Inside those tabs our pageViews with radGrids and other content. 

So you have on the left side of the screen a menu, then a panel bar to the right of that. Then to the right of that a tab strip with it's PageView content displayed based on whichever tab is currently active. 

The issue I'm seeing once I installed the new version of Telerik's controls is that the controls are laying on top of each other. The radPanelBar, instead of appearing to the right of the radMenu is actually underneath it. The tab strip is off to the right but the header of the page is over laying the menu as well. So all the positioning of all the rad controls is completely messed up. I'm just reporting this as a caution. The solution was easy. Just don't use the latest version of the Telerik controls. I could have posted the code but it would have been quite lengthy and I think with this you could replicate a test scenario using master pages with a Panel Bar and TabStrip.

Thanks,

Julian

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Julian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2016, 03:27 PM
Forgot the most important part!! This occurs in IE9. In IE11 or chrome the page works just fine. :)
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM
Hello Julian,

I would suggest opening a ticket in the ticketing system, isolating the master and content page into a sample runnable project and attaching it. This would allow us to test the scenario with different controls versions and determine whether the issue is custom-CSS-related or it is a bug in the latest version.

Regards,
Ivan Danchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Julian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Julian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ivan Danchev
Telerik team