I am trying to achieve this:
1. I have a master page (this has an AjaxManager)
2. I have a content page (this has an AjaxManager Proxy)
3. I have a RadGrid (GrdEnquiries) on the content page with a button labelled "Add Viewing" (BtnAddViewing). This grid contains details of people enquiring about leasing real estate properties.
4. The Add Viewing Button has a command argument matching the row ID of the grid (GrdEnquiries)
I want to be able to click the Add Viewing button and load a scheduler with an Advanced Form open in Insert Mode. The form is populated using a look up from the database to get the ID of the record passed from the command argument. When the INSERT button on the form is clicked I want the viewing to be added to the Appointments Table in the database, the window to close, and code executed in the grid to refresh the grid so that I can hide btnAddViewing and replace it with another button allowing me to display the appointment details in a Popup.
I have tried several examples both the demos for RadGrid and RadScheduler but I cannot work out how to do it. I have the code for:
1. Adding the command argument.
2. Opening a rad window and displaying the command argument.
3. Adding my scheduler form.
I cannot find an event that fires when the INSERT button is clicked so I am stuck. Can anyone provide me with the bit I am missing please?
This is my code for opening the page inside the window:
This is the Window Manager on the content page (I use UserListDialog2):
My grid markup (I've removed some columns for clarity):
Item Created looks like this:
The page I am putting into the Radwindow is this:
Code behind for pop up:
The button code (which I don't really want as I want the insertion of the appointment to trigger a close/grid rebind) is:
I feel like this is ALMOST there but I am missing something obvious and I am now going bald pulling my hair out and my forehead is getting flatter from banging it on my desk.
Can anyone please help?
Screenshots to show flow if it helps are attached:
Thank you ...