You can take the following steps to optimize the loading time:
- Use RadScriptManager control on the page instead of the ScriptManager to combine scripts
- [Most important] - test the performance only when <compilation debug="false" in your web.config. When it is true, the MS AJAX debugging code kicks in and causes a severe performance hit on the client-side.
- [Important] The following two demos will provide you with some additional suggestions how to configure the editor for improved performance of multiple editors on the page.
Using ToolbarMode - http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/toolbarmode/defaultcs.aspx
Using ToolProviderID - http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/toolprovider/defaultcs.aspx
- set EnableViewState = false to avoid the ViewState overhead
- In case you are not using the most recent RadControls version, you should upgrade to the latest Q3 2011.
- [Useful]There is another possible approach which describes how a single editor can be used to edit multiple elements on the page, as described here:
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed