This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

PdfViewer

1 Answer 86 Views
PDFViewer
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Vitor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vitor asked on 25 Apr 2016, 01:24 PM

Hello Telerik.

I am currently browsing your forums and documentations, looking for two different features for the PDF displayed on my page.

Perhaps you could guide me to the right direction to look.

what i need the PDFViewer to do is:

- bookmark each chapter's titles

so that i could add a navigation menu, allowing the user to click a chapter and have the pdf document scrolled all the way down to it.

- implement a toolbox (including a search bar) to ease the user's navigation

it is getting pretty annoying finding running examples for these features. if you have something, please let me know.

thank you!

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2016, 02:06 PM
Hello Vitor,

Thank you for contacting us.

Currently RadPdfViewer does not support bookmarks. We have already logged this feature request in our feedback portal. You can vote for it and follow its implementation progress by following this feedback item. Meanwhile, if you need to add your custom bookmarks to the UI without importing the original document bookmarks, you may see this thumbnails online demo that achieves similar scenario. This may be seen also in our Thumbnails SDK demo. You can also easily navigate to some concrete position in some PDF page by using RadPdfViewer's GoToDestination method. A sample use of this functionality may be seen in this forum post.

As for the search bar - you may see this CustomFindDialog demo to see how you can interact with RadPdfViewer's find functionality.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,
Deyan
the Telerik team
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
PDFViewer
Asked by
Vitor
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Deyan
Telerik team
Share this question
or