This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Path to TelerikSPRadGridWebPart.dwp incorrect in 2011.2.915

19 Answers 259 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mike Sharp
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mike Sharp asked on 04 Dec 2011, 11:59 PM
First of all, I'd like to preface this by saying the issue appears to be fixed in the Telerik_AJAX_controls_2011_3_1115_for_SharePoint_2010_Dev release a couple weeks ago; I'm posting it here in case someone else runs into it, and like me, found nothing in searches regarding the error. 

Anyway, there a bug in the MSI installer for the Telerik AJAX controls 2011.2.915 for SharePoint 2010.  I installed using Telerik_AJAX_controls_2011_2_915_for_SharePoint_2010_Dev.msi but when I try to activate the SPRadGrid Feature (or any of the others, for that matter), I get this error: 

[SPException: Failed to instantiate file "TelerikSPRadGridWebPart.dwp" from module "TelerikSPRadGridWebPart":
Source path "Features\RadGridFeature\RadGridSharePoint\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart.dwp" not found.]

If you look in the 14 hive, the actual path to the web part is:  
    FEATURES\RadGridFeature\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart
and not: 
    Features\RadGridFeature\RadGridSharePoint\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart

Also, the "path not found" issue exists with the WSP solution as well.  If you look, for example, at the elements.xml for the RadGridViewFeature, you can see the path is not correct:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <Module Name="TelerikSPRadGridWebPart" List="113" Url="_catalogs/wp">
    <File Path="RadGridSharePoint\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart.dwp" 
                        Url="TelerikSPRadGridWebPart.dwp" Type="GhostableInLibrary">
      <Property Name="Group" Value="Telerik" />
    </File>
  </Module>
</Elements>

This is also the case with the others:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  <Module Name="TelerikSPRadListViewWebPart" List="113" Url="_catalogs/wp">
    <File Path="RadListViewSharePoint\TelerikSPRadListViewWebPart\TelerikSPRadListViewWebPart.dwp" 
                        Url="TelerikSPRadListViewWebPart.dwp" Type="GhostableInLibrary">
      <Property Name="Group" Value="Telerik" />
    </File>
  </Module>
</Elements>

If this hadn't been fixed in the new release, I suppose the most expedient fix is to unpack the WSP and fix the paths, and repackage the WSP, but I was surprised that this issue hasn't come up in the forums. 

Anyway, hopefully this saves someone else some time.

Regards,
Mike Sharp

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2012, 11:11 PM
FYI -
The CTP has this bug as well.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2012, 12:45 PM
Hi Mike, hi David,

We are in the process of investigating this. Please, stand by for further feedback.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2012, 10:27 AM
We are planning to use your telerik web parts in sharepoint 2010 but

SPRadGrid Feature is not getting activated.

I could activate other 2 features.Telerik SPRadChart,

SPRadListView Feature

Also how can we buy the license version?
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2012, 10:56 AM
Ok, So I found the fix in little different way till product team finds a fix.

steps-
1> goto Features\RadGridFeature\RadGridSharePoint\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart
2> copy the dwp file
3> upload in the webparts gallery
4> add following entry into web.config
 <SafeControl Assembly="Telerik.Ajax.SharePoint, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=" Namespace="Telerik.Ajax.SharePoint" TypeName="Telerik.Ajax.SharePoint.TelerikSPRadGridWebPart" Safe="True" SafeAgainstScript="False" />
and you can add the web part into any page and it will work but for me its not showing any data after editing the web part properties.
It says No records to display even though there are records in binded list from web part properties.
Thanks Mark for the path!

Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2012, 12:41 PM
We are getting following error
ErrorText=Security settings for this service require Anonymous Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2012, 01:53 PM
Hello Mike & David,

The issue has been fixed and the installer replaced with the new one that contains the correct files. Please, download it from your customer account. Your telerik points have been updated accordingly.

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 17 Feb 2012, 01:54 PM
Amit,

What web part are you getting the error on - TelerikSPRadGrid or a different one?

Regards, Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2012, 03:36 PM
Hi Tsvetoslav,

I am getting error ErrorText=Security settings for this service require Anonymous Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service
I used alternate way to upload dwp as feture path is wrong.
How to fix above error and once its fixed we are good.
How to buy sharepoint acceleration kit. We have telerik dev licensed version.
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 08:26 AM
Hi,

I again downloaded Telerik.SharepointAccelerationKit_2012_1_CTP_Trial and uninstalled and installed this new ctp.
But at

SPRadGrid Feature

activation it still throws the error. I need to use this above web part but still can not use it.
Please let me know how to download latest ctp.
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 09:45 AM
Hi Tsvetoslav,

below error is gone now. Thanks!
error ErrorText=Security settings for this service require Anonymous Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service

But the feature activation is still not working for me so I used manual way to upload the dwp and its working fine.
steps-
1> goto Features\RadGridFeature\RadGridSharePoint\TelerikSPRadGridWebPart
2> copy the dwp file
3> upload in the webparts gallery

Now I would like to know how to get licensed version. We do have a telerik dev license.

Donna
Telerik team
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 12:36 PM
Hi Amit,

The SharePoint Acceleration Kit is still in CTP. We plan to introduce it officially as a Telerik product, although no definite timeframe can be supplied at this time. The licensing/pricing scheme will be published on our website, as soon as we have an official version of the product.

However, please note that all RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX can be easily integrated in all SharePoint 2007/2010 sites. The RadEditor, RadGrid, RadListView and RadScheduler for ASP.NET AJAX come with custom wrappers (web parts) that can be immediately plugged in any SharePoint project. Documentation and sample Telerik sites for Sharepoint 2007 and Sharepoint 2010 are provided.

I hope the provided information is helpful. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Greetings,
Donna
the Telerik team
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 02:12 PM
Hi Donna,

Thanks for this input.
The RadEditor, RadGrid, RadListView and RadScheduler for ASP.NET AJAX come with custom wrappers (web parts) that can be immediately plugged in any SharePoint project.

So you mean to say we can develop a custom web part with rad grid asp.net control and we can use it in sharepoint 2010 right?
Can we use ctp in production sharepoint site?
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 06:37 PM
The RadEditor, RadGrid, RadListView and RadScheduler for ASP.NET AJAX that Donna is referring to are already web parts themselves, so if the package is installed, you can simply activate the feature and add one to a web part page. 

But you can certainly add any of the RadControls to your web parts, or master/layout pages.  I do it all the time. 

I'll leave your CTP question to someone from Telerik, though.

Regards,
Mike Sharp

Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 02:47 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for this help. I will try these web parts that you mentioned from telerik for asp.net ajax and thanks for wrong feature path tip.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 May 2012, 12:22 PM
If you go to:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\RadGridFeature

create there a folder named RadGridSharePoint and copy (i have not tested moving the folder) into this newly created folder, folder named TelerikSPRadGridWebPart which resides in the above location, feature activation will work.

Hope this helps
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2012, 02:24 PM
Im having the same problem with this, and i pulled the latest version from the website, Is there a new version of the installer?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 03:46 PM
Hi Mike,

This bug was fixed - do upgrade, there is a new version of the installer.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2012, 04:25 PM
I just downloaded and installed and still is producing the error when trying to activate in Site Collection Features.

To verify i am downloading the automatic installer from the trial Products area.
Download File name is Telerik.SharepointAccelerationKit_2012_1_CTP_Trial.msi

-Jeff
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2012, 10:25 AM
Hi Jeff,

You need the installer for the asp.net ajax web parts. Go to you your customer's account -> Manager Products -> DevCraft Ultimate -> Download Installer and Other Resources -> RadControls For Asp.net ajax - Browser All Product Files -> SharePoint 2010 web parts.

Hope it helps.

Greetings,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Mike Sharp
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team