This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Parameter value is not readable in Report Web Designer (R1 2021)

5 Answers 94 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Tursunkhuja asked on 09 Feb 2021, 11:14 AM

Hi all,

In our app to show report we use HTML5 Report Viewer and Web Report designer. Our project based on .Net5.

There is a problem with report web designer after updating to R1.2021version. I used web service datasource in a report and created @url inline parameter and $expand query parameter into that datasource to make OData query. But as you see from the attached file, value of those parameters shown Object (see Invoice.png attached picture) instead of showing real value. I see this issue after updating to R1 2021, but in previous version it was showing correctly. If you open the report via Standalone Report Designer it shows correctly (second attached picture). Is it problem in R1 2021 or should I change something?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 09 Feb 2021, 11:46 AM
Attached file Invoice.png should be replaced with this new file.
Accepted
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 12 Feb 2021, 08:03 AM

Hello Tursunhuja,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I confirm it as I managed to reproduce it with all our .NET Core demos with version 15.0 21.120.

I have logged the problem as a new bug on your behalf and cast a vote - The WebReportDesigner doesn't display the parameter values for the WebServiceDataSource in the configuration wizard. As a token of gratitude, we have updated your Telerik points.

As a workaround, you may check the values of the WebServiceDataSource parameters in the properties pane of the data source - see the linked screenshot for clarity.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 12 Feb 2021, 11:13 AM
Thanks Todor,
This issue will be fixed with the R1 2021 SP1 it's reported here https://feedback.telerik.com/reporting/1498716-webservicedatasource-parameter-values-are-not-displayed-correctly-in-the-web-report-designer-webservicedatasource-wizard
Mirzodaler
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 07 Apr 2021, 11:05 AM

Hi Todor,

The similar issue is still remains in other part of the Report Web Designer. See the steps and screenshot:

1.If you edit any Report Parameter Value from Designer it will convert to [object Object]

2. And clicking the ... to edit value, opens and closes the modal dialog sometimes.

When do you expect this can be fixed? We need this for MVP.

Thanks,

Todor
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2021, 08:32 AM

Hi Mirzodaler,

I confirm that the issue is reproducible also with our online demos. I have logged it in our public feedback portal and voted on your behalf - Changing the Value of a Report Parameter in Web Report Designer makes it [object Object] and breaks the editor. As a token of gratitude, we have updated your Telerik points.

The issue will be fixed according to its priority, which, among the other factors, depends on the received votes. You will be updated when the status of the work item changes.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements