This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Page Navigation

2 Answers 35 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
daniel asked on 16 Nov 2010, 05:03 PM
Hello,

I need some help with this:
I have 3 pages:
  • the main page,
  • a rad window
  • and a 3rd page.
from the main page you can click a create new button and the radwindow opens and inside the radwindow there is another button that redirect's you to the 3rd page. on the 3rd page there is a "go back"  button that sends you back to the radwindow. Now you can also go from the main page to the 3rd page if you need to edit an existing item.
my problem is that when i try to go from the main page to the 3rd page to edit and then try to go back usin the "Go back" button my page is redirecting me to the radwindow but I want the button to send me to the main page.

is there a way to make a page redirect depending on the page that it came from?

thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 01:13 PM
Hello Daniel,

I am not sure that I understand your scenario correctly, but I would suggest to consider using the Cache or the Session to set to which page the button should redirect.
If you still experience problems with that, I suggest to isolate your scenario in a sample project and to send it to us along with detailed description of the desired behavior. We will check it and do our best to help.

Best wishes,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team
Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 02:29 PM
Hello Daniel,

Based on what I got from your post is that your 3rd page can be loaded from the page loaded in the RadWindow or opened in a different RadWIndow entirely. If that is the case, I would suggest passing a query variable, like isRad, where you set it to true if it was redirected to from within a RadWIndow and set it to false if it was called by the Main page. Using this technique, you can either redirect back to the Page if it was isRad=true or close the RadWindow if isRad=false to return to the main page.

I hope that makes sense and that I understood your situation correctly.
Tags
Window
Asked by
daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2