This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Package Installation Error

5 Answers 58 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Camilo Torres
Top achievements
Rank 1
Camilo Torres asked on 24 Jan 2014, 10:06 PM
When trying to create a Telerik MVC 4 project I get a Package Installation Error. I saw this link, http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/orm/general/error-could-not-load-packages-to-project.aspx but I chose the option to skip creating a  OpenAccess Model Library Project. So I don't need to create an ORM.

Error message attached.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Missing User
answered on 28 Jan 2014, 06:25 PM
Hello Camilo,

Thank you for writing.

I noticed that you've opened a parallel support ticket for the same issue and it is handled by our support team. I'd like to ask you, when you found a working solution with our team, to share in the forum how the issue could be fixed, in order other people can see it.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
PaulH
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Feb 2014, 05:55 PM
Can I ask if there is a resolution for this issue? I came across this problem today after updating all my Telerik Controls to the latest versions using the Telerik Control Panel. I have since completely uninstalled Telerik and reinstalled but any attempt to create a new solution C# MVC4 Telerik project gives a Package Installation Error like Camilo's. I've attached my screenshot of the error. I did select to have OpenAccess create a project as that's what I want. I tried to follow the link in Camilo's post but that page doesn't seem to be available any longer. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Camilo Torres
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2014, 04:17 PM
This is the response i received....

This is a known issue and we will provide a fix for it in some of our feature releases. Meanwhile, I would recommend you to download and install ASP.NET and Web Tools 2012.2 (LINK). This should be a valid workaround for you.

However, you can try to using the basic project templates Telerik MVC Web Application or Kendo UI Web Application  ( as opposed to the Telerik MVC 4 Web Application template)
PaulH
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks for your response Camilo. Since the latest upgrade of Telerik I no longer have the Kendo UI template options in VS2012 so I'm assuming they've been amalgamated in with the other Telerik templates - I've searched the VS gallery and they're not listed there either it seems.

I'll take a look at the other information you posted but it would be good if someone at Telerik can confirm the situation with this and when a fix may be issued.
Missing User
answered on 05 Feb 2014, 01:58 PM
Hello Paul and Camilo,

Camilo, I'd also like to thank you for sharing the information.

Paul, I can confirm that the Camilo's quote is a valid workaround for the issue you have. We'll try to provide a fix for it in our next release.

Regarding the Kendo project template, it has not been removed. Since our last release the Kendo UI for ASP.NET MVC product has been renamed to Telerik UI for APS.NET MVC. As a part of the product rename it was also renamed the Kendo UI for MVC Web Application project template to Telerik MVC Web Application. You only need to search for the template by using its new name.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Camilo Torres
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
PaulH
Top achievements
Rank 1
Camilo Torres