This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Out of memory exception

5 Answers 183 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Senthil ramna
Top achievements
Rank 1
Senthil ramna asked on 18 Oct 2010, 07:29 AM
I am using spell check(version 2009.1.311.35)  on my page but i am encountering this error after clicking i get the error "Out of memory".
could you please shed some light on what could be the problem.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Senthil ramna,

Does the error happen with any text or just specific instances? In the current version (2010.2.929) I can see one fix for a "Out of Memory" exception in the spell control, but it only concerns instances with very long words (>50000 letters). If possible, provide us with details about the error (stack trace) or send us a sample page where we can reproduce it.

Greetings,
Lini
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Senthil ramna
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2010, 11:05 AM

Thank you for your reply Lini.
Pardon me for not being clear enough, the error that i am getting is not during updation or something, i.e
when i click on the spell check button on the page i get the error as shown in attached image.
kindly let me know if there is any wrongdoing on my part.
I have the radspell control in the edit item template of my grid and this is the source

<telerik:RadSpell ID="RadSpell1" runat="server" ControlToCheck="TextBox3" Height="14px"
SpellCheckProvider="EditDistanceProvider" SupportedLanguages="en-US,English" Width="1px"
WordIgnoreOptions="None" ButtonType="ImageButton" ButtonText="" />

Lini
Telerik team
answered on 20 Oct 2010, 09:47 AM
Hi,

This seems to be a problem in the browser and not in the server code of the RadSpell control. I suggest that you try updating to a more recent build of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

Greetings,
Lini
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Senthil ramna
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Lini.
I will upgrade to a more recent version of Radcontrols.
I forgot to add one point before the thing is in the new version the description for what's fixed in case of Rad Spell it says
"Spell checker throws an error if the length of a word exceeds 50000 symbols " but the thing is in my case where it is throwing the error we have about 8 to 10 words, does this also point to the same problem (i.e. i need to upgrade) or is it something else.

So for time being could you suggest a work around as the upgrade process will take time as we have to go through a lot of people to get the approval.
Thanks again...
Accepted
Lini
Telerik team
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 12:03 PM
Hi,

No, the problem I mentioned earlier happens on the server side, while your error is caused by the browser JavaScript code.

As a workaround, you can try using the default browser dialogs instead of the RadWindow based spell dialog. To do this, add an OnClientLoad event for the RadSpell control with the following code:

function OnClientLoad(spell)
{
    spell.get_dialogOpener().set_useClassicDialogs(true);
}

I am not sure that this will resolve the problem in your case, but it is worth a try if you don't have the option to upgrade to a more recent build.

Regards,
Lini
the Telerik team
Tags
Spell
Asked by
Senthil ramna
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lini
Telerik team
Senthil ramna
Top achievements
Rank 1