This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OnClientSelectedIndexChanging

1 Answer 59 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Velma
Top achievements
Rank 1
Velma asked on 09 May 2012, 10:57 PM
It would appear that in 2012.1.215.40, OnClientSelectedIndexChanging does not hit when the selection is changed via keyboard rather than mouse. I have not rolled back to the previous version to test the previous behavior--but all of a sudden we have an application in which data which should not be edited can be edited. I'm thinking this is a SERIOUS BREAKING BUG. (Note, we have AllowCustomText=false.) Please advise of any workaround. Meantime I'm going to try to block all characters using onKeyDown per this sample:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/combobox-prevent-typing-particular-characters.html 
However, it has to be set in code for every single RadCombo--so a very ugly solution if it works.

I'll put this in a support ticket as well.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2012, 02:36 PM
Hi Velma,

Please refer to the support thread you have opened concerning this matter. If you have any further questions, I would suggest to continue our conversation in there so to avoid further discrepancies.

Greetings,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Velma
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivana
Telerik team
Share this question
or