This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OnButtonClick not executing after upgrade to 2008.3.1314

3 Answers 61 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iggy asked on 27 Jan 2009, 04:18 PM
We just upgraded from 2008.2.1001 to the latest 2008.3.1314 and now the callback stopped working on the Toolbar.  
I previously had a few buttons on the toolbar that had Postback="False" and one button that postback was working on. 
I tried setting AutoPostback="true" on the toolbar and removing all of the Postback="false" settings on each button but it still doesn't work.  I even removed the ajax manager that was hooked up to it and it still doesn't postback to the server.
The OnClientButtonClicked event is still working.

Thanks.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Jan 2009, 11:33 PM
Has anyone else run into this issue?  I guess I could create a workaround by having it execute a ClientOnClick event and then catching that button and manually executing an AJAX request, although I would rather have the control work as it did in the past.  Not sure if/why the functionality to have a button postback to the server would be removed but it sure is a pain in the butt.
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 29 Jan 2009, 10:02 AM
Hello Iggy,

There really were some issues concerning RadToolBar's onButtonClick event which are fixed already. Please download tomorrow the latest internal build form your client.net account and give it a try.

Greetings,
Yana
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Feb 2009, 06:55 PM
After running into this issue more I found out what the problem was.  For some reason when you set the CssClass property on a RadToolBarButton control, the postback stops working.  I haven't messed around with it more to see if it affects postbacks from other buttons on the same toolbar or not but just thought I would let people know what causes the issue.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Iggy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yana
Telerik team