This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Old project, New Pc, Visual Studio 2012, DLL version 2008.2.723.20 problem

1 Answer 61 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jacob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jacob asked on 01 Oct 2012, 05:46 PM
Hello.
We have some older Visual Studio projects which was coded with the Telerik DLL version 2008.2.723.20.

After installing Visual Studio 2012 on the machine I opened up 1 of these projects, because a small change was needed.
The project was converted to VS2012 without errors, but now I can not build anymore, I keep getting the error:

The type or namespace name 'Telerik' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

But the DLL is in references as I should be, I hope someone can help me out with this.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kate
Telerik team
answered on 04 Oct 2012, 10:22 AM
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for contacting us. 

From the error that you get it seems that your application can not find the dll assembly files that are needed for the RadControls to work properly. Please try to update the references, so that they explicitly point to the bin directory of your application (where the assembly files should be located) as described in the video here.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions that I can assist you with. 

Greetings,
Kate
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jacob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kate
Telerik team
Share this question
or