This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office2016 theme

11 Answers 200 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Raul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Raul asked on 15 Sep 2016, 01:53 PM

Hello,

how can I set the color variation of the new Office2016 theme to Colorful, Black or Light?

For other themes I can use something like:

VisualStudio2013Palette.LoadPreset(VisualStudio2013Palette.ColorVariation.Blue);

But the LoadPreset() is not available for Office2016.

Greetings

Raul

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Raul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Sep 2016, 02:18 PM
I just noticed that the text in front of the SearchPanel (ShowSearchPanel="True") of the GridView is not displayed - at least not with the german localization.
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 16 Sep 2016, 07:36 AM
Hello Raul,

Office 2016 does not support variations, but is it designed to be easily customizable via the Palette Colors. You can try our Color Theme Generator and create a custom set of colors for your custom case of the theme. 
(if you have current installation of it, please reinstall it)

In the ColorThemeGenerator there are provided 8 variations for the Office2016 palette that you can try or use as a starting point for creating your variation.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Raul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2016, 01:56 PM

ok, thx - I will look into the provided links. I was a bit irritated because the following link stated the 3 color variations: 

http://www.telerik.com/blogs/bring-office-2016-inspired-style-to-your-app-with-ui-for-wpf

with following statrement:

"We support three color variations: Office 2016 Colorful, Office 2016 Black and Office 2016 Light."

What about the SearchPanel issue in my second post?

Martin
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2016, 06:03 AM
Hello Raul,

Yes, I am sorry for the inconvenience. The blog post is a for customization of the RadRibbonView  and several other controls derived from VisualStudio2013 theme. It was posted a while before the release of the Office2016 theme which is global for all our controls, and as I said - its customization could be done via the ThemePalette exposed Colors.

Concerning your issue with the SearchPanel in the RadGridVeiw, could I ask you to open a separate thread, if you have a question about a specific feature or if you are facing a specific problem with another control. This helps us with the threads maintenance as it keeps the threads consistent with their original subject and makes their tracking easier. 

Regards,

Martin
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your AJAX, WPF or WinForms project? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Raul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2016, 09:58 AM

Hello,

just testing the Color Theme Generator. When copying the colors to clipboard I get something like:

Office2016Palette.Palette.AccentColor = (Color)ColorConverter.ConvertFromString(#FF2A579A);

shouldn't it be somethink like

Office2016Palette.Palette.AccentColor = (Color)ColorConverter.ConvertFromString("#FF2A579A");

making the parameter a string?

Also, isn't it possible to save the current values?

I have copied the assignments and I cant' see any change. Is there a special location in code required? I placed the lines just before opening the main window.

Best Regards

Raul

Raul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Sep 2016, 10:24 AM
ok, I can see now the changes, but only when modifying #FF2A579A to "#FF2A579A". A bnit annoying having to do it all the time manually. And a save settings option would be really really nice
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 09:03 AM
Hi Raul,

It is true that the arguments in the method should be string values in " quotes. Thank you for addressing this issue and as a small appreciation, I have updated your Telerik points. I have logged a bug request and you can vote for it and track its progress here.  I have submitted a fix, so it should be reuploaded soon.

As for the Save and Load feature, this is the first version of the tool and it is intended to be included in the ColorThemeGenerator, so I have logged a feature request in our portal and we will address it. You can vote and track its progress here.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik by Progress
Lisitsa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 01:11 PM

[quote]Martin said:

In the ColorThemeGenerator there are provided 8 variations for the Office2016 palette that you can try or use as a starting point for creating your variation.

Regards,
Martin
Telerik by Progress

[/quote]

Hello!

I have downloaded the new version of Color Theme Generator, but I can't find Office2016 theme there. What I'm doing wrong? I tried uninstalling and then installing again but it didn't help.

Lisitsa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Sep 2016, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I have resolved this.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 22 Jun 2018, 12:26 AM
Where should the code generated by Telerik Color Theme Generator be placed? I have tried placing it in several different locations and it has no effect on the appearance of my controls. Does this approach not work with NoXAML?
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 22 Jun 2018, 01:39 AM
Please disregard prior message
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Raul
Top achievements
Rank 1