This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Office2013 XAML file issue

5 Answers 183 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jason asked on 02 Sep 2014, 08:03 AM
I'm trying to set up a project using the Office2013 XAML theme files directly, with the intention of altering a copy of the theme files directly to fit our requirements.

So I have a project in which I include all the XAML files found under "UI for WPF Q2 2014\Themes.Implicit\WPF40\Office2013\Themes". These are set to a resource build action, using MSBuild:MarkupCompile, in the same manner as the Theme solution found in the same directory are the XAML files were taken from. I then reference this assembly in my project, and merge the Office2013 resource dictionaries from my custom assembly.

When I try to open a dialog with a RadColorEditor, I get the error message 
    Cannot set unknown member 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.MaskedInput.PreviewInputTextBox.IsReadOnly'

If I change my project to reference the UI for WPF Q2 2014\Binaries.NoXaml\WPF45\Telerik.Windows.Themes.Office2013.dll assembly, and change the merge lines to use the same dictionaries but from that assembly, it all works fine.

This suggests that the raw XAML files are not entirely correct? Or am I missing something?

Cheers
Jason

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2014, 08:52 AM
Hi Jason,

This is to inform you that I already answered you in the support thread opened by you on the same topic. I suggest that we continue our further conversation there so that it is easier for both sides to follow it.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Lisitsa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2014, 11:21 AM
Hello Evgenia.

I's good that you have decided to continue conversation in another place, but what about other users? I have the same problem but I can't find the answer here.

Documentation says that I have to use the path â€¦/Themes.Implicit/<platform>/OfficeBlack/Themes/Telerik.Windows.Controls.xaml, but I only have WPF40 folder in Themes.Implicit. So, when I use WPF40 themes with WPF40 controls, everything is fine. But when I'm trying to use WPF45 controls, I have the same error.

Where can I get implicit themes for WPF45 assemblies?

Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2014, 11:28 AM
For your info

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the project sent. I spent some time to investigate why does this issue occurs with MaskedInput. It seems that this is a Framework issue with MS TextBox control that is used by RadMaskedInput (used by ColorEditor control). You might see that there are forum posts online reporting the issue to Microsoft ( here and here). Unfortunately there is still no official bug fix or workaround.

What we suggest is that you don't use Office2013 theme as a project in your .sln, but copy-paste the needed Styles files from ourThemes.Implicit folder (under your binaries local installation path). If you set the resource files BUILD Action to PAGE, not Resource (for  Telerik.Windows.Controls.xaml and Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input.xaml ) the issue stops reproducing. I attached a sample project demonstrating that with Trial binaries referenced for your ease. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Evgenia 
Telerik;

Unfortunately, it wasn't quite as simple as pasting the files directly into the project because we have a more involved project set up, making use of a theming DLL that all the other projects reference. What I did was set those 2 XAML files as pages in the theming DLL and included the relevant Telerik assemblies. This wasn't such an issue since those DLLs appear in all projects anyway, and fixed our problem.

Lisitsa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2014, 11:53 AM
I've tried to set build action to Page. There were no errors anymore, but strange bahavior appeared. For example, column headers had strange 1px borders, which are not affected by HeaderStyle (so I can't set color to them). This problems disappeared with WPF40 NoXaml assemblies (maybe because Themes were from WPF40 folder too), so maybe WPF45 assemblies are somewhat different, and styles and templates doesn't apply to them as well as to WPF40 assemblies.
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2014, 03:20 PM
Hello Lisitsa,

Can you please send us a sample runnable project where we can easily reproduce the issue with column headers and this strange 1 px border? For the purpose you'll have to open a new support thread as it is not possible to send archive attachments in forum threads due to licensing/ security concerns. Inspecting locally your issue will help us assist you better.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evgenia
Telerik team
Lisitsa
Top achievements
Rank 1