This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

OData request doesn't work properly on Report Designer R3.2019

3 Answers 113 Views
Report Designer (standalone)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Tursunkhuja asked on 23 Sep 2019, 03:48 PM

Web service data source is not working properly in release(R3-2019).

I'm using Web service data source with OData to show some information about sales invoices. I need to show not all of columns of a table, but some of the columns. That's why I'm using $select operator at the end of the odata query(See second attached picture). So, I'm not able to use $select or even $expand operators in new release(R3-2019), because it shows an error(404). $select, $expand were working before(R2-2019), but in new release it is not.

Can some one help me on this case?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 24 Sep 2019, 06:11 AM

I used OData Test Service. Created new report with Telerik Reprot Designer R3-2019, added Web service datasource. I set Service URL this value: https://services.odata.org/V3/Northwind/Northwind.svc/Customers('DUMON')

And in second step I added one parameter, name: $select, type: Query, Value: CompanyName, Design-Time Value: CompanyName

Next, if you click on Download button, it shows error(400), see on the attached picture.

The question is how should we use odata request with $select (or $expand) operator?

Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2019, 12:44 PM

Hello Tursunhuja,

This is a known issue that we have already fixed in the latest internal build. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regards,
Peter
Progress Telerik

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
answered on 26 Sep 2019, 05:37 AM

Thanks Peter,

It's working now in the latest internal build.

Tags
Report Designer (standalone)
Asked by
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Tursunkhuja
Top achievements