General Discussions
Rob A.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Rob A. asked on 23 Nov 2021, 07:48 PM | edited on 23 Nov 2021, 07:48 PM

When I bring up the Control Panel there is no "TURN FEATURES On/Off" check box for UI for WPF?  There is no Telerik for WPF New Project template either?  I see the standard MS WPF templates, but not Telerik?

In addition there is no option to add UI for UWP for VS 2022?

There IS an option to add WinForms for VS 2022 and I see those new project templates once added.

Am I missing something?

Cheers, Rob.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2021, 12:09 PM

Hello Robin,

Thank you for reaching to us.

The Turn Features On/Off option should be available in the Progress Control Panel so could you please tell us what version you have installed for UI for WPF and is there another option instead of the Turn Features On/Off or it is blank.

In the meantime installing the Visual Studio Extensions can be done through Visual Studio, here are the steps:

1. Open Visual Studio 2022 menu Extensions -> Manage Extensions
  2. Make sure the Online tab is selected on the left
  3. Search for Progress Telerik UI for WPF Extension
  4. Click on the Download button
  5. Close all Visual Studio instances
  6. Wait for the installation wizard to pop up and finish it

For the UWP product, there is no separate feature indicating the installation for the specific Visual Studio version. So with that said after installation you should be able to use the product in Visual Studio 2022. If however there is something missing you can:

1. Navigate to Telerik UI for UWP product install location. For example "C:\Program Files (x86)\Progress\Telerik UI for UWP R3 2021"
  2. Then go to Binaries\VSIX folder
  3. Start the .vsix files and install them

I hope the provided information helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us If you need further assistance.

Regards,
Nikolay Mishev
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Rob A.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
commented on 25 Nov 2021, 07:07 PM | edited

See attached image of Control Panel and missing UI for WPF extensions in VS 2022.  The extensions are being shown as install via Extension manager but NOT showing up in the Extension menu in VS 2022.

EDIT: I restarted VS 2022 and now the UI for WPF extensions are showing up (see image).

As you can see there is no checkbox to "Turn Features On/Off" for UI for WPF.

The version of UI for WPF I'm using is R3 2021 SP1 (21.3.1109.0) as listed in Add & Remove Programs ... the sub version as listed in my project references under VS 2019 is 2021.3.914.45.

Rob

Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
commented on 29 Nov 2021, 12:46 PM

Hi  Robin,

I'm glad that the Visual Studio Extensions are up and running in Visual Studio 2022.

Regarding the Turn Features On/Off for Telerik UI for WPF it seems that you have two or more parallel versions installed on your machine. In this case, in order to modify a version, you need to first click on the product to open the product details view then expand the All Versions view in order to select a version to modify, select the version that you would like to modify, and close the view. (This information is also available on the Progress Control Panel help page which is displayed when you hit the question mark icon in the top right corner of the Progress Control Panel)

Please let me know how it went or if you need further instructions.

Regards, Nikolay

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Rob A.
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Nikolay Mishev