This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

New Version - 2012-3-1205 - Has Broken Several Aspects of Treeview

2 Answers 44 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert asked on 05 Dec 2012, 06:41 PM
This morning I was informed about the new version of your controls [Q3 2012 SP1 (version 2012.3.1205)] and upgraded my project accordingly.

I immediately noticed that at least two things are broken in the new version of the Treeview (please see screenshot) :
  1. The expanded treeview no longer respects the bottom boundary of the treeview container.
  2. The vertical alignment of the node text has jumped up several pixels, at least in IE9.

I will continue doing further testing but am praying that you will fix these two problems asap.

Sincerely,

Robert W.
Vancouver, BC

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Dec 2012, 07:40 PM
I have found the new Treeview so irritating to use that I've reverted to using the previous version. 

To help Telerik resolve the problems I've cited, I'm enclosing a screenshot of the previous version, with some annotations showing the way it should look/work.  Hopefully this will be helpful to track down the problems.

Robert
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Dec 2012, 12:46 PM
Hello Robert,

Thank you for the report.
We are aware of that issue. Please apply the following styles to your project to avoid this unusual behavior:

<style type="text/css">
        html .RadTreeView {
            position: relative;
        }
        html .RadTreeView .rtIn {
            vertical-align: middle;
        }
</style>

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team