This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Need Help to upgrade from 2011 Q1 to 2012 Q2

5 Answers 50 Views
Documentation and Tutorials
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Aakansha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Aakansha asked on 24 Aug 2012, 12:00 PM
Hello Telerik Team,

I need your help. I want to upgrade my telerik radcontrols for ASP.NET ajax  from version "2011 Q1" to "2012 Q2".  can you guys help me with the following:

NOTE: we are using purchased version.

1) Please can you provide us the link from where we can get the proper updation procedure. About what thik we need to care before upgrading the version of radcontrols. (Note we have updated the telerik version at one of the system at our end, and we were facing so may issue with the controls such as Radinput textbox size is resized and tabstrips having the spaces and etc). From where we can get the proper guide to update the version?

In short : I'd like to refer the document  which can explain what's involved in doing the upgrade and propose how we should proceed :)

2)  From where i will be getting the release notes and documentation since 2011 Q2 to understand any fundamental changes that have been made by telerik team.

3) We are using TFS , so shall we directly update the version from TFS menu --> Radcontrols for ASP.NET Ajax --> upgrade wizard or we should proceed with replacing dll or some other way? Please recommend us the best way.

Any other suggestion will be highly appriciated.

I will be highly gratified , if your team can help me to move forward with the upgradation in the proper way.

Have a great day!!!!

Thanks

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 24 Aug 2012, 12:08 PM
Hi Cindrella,

Here you can find common upgrade instructions. Release notes you may find here.

Kind regards,
Helen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Aakansha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Aug 2012, 06:11 AM
HI Helen,

Thanks for the reply.

I need your help for one more point... i.e.

We are using TFS , so shall we directly update the version from TFS menu --> Radcontrols for ASP.NET Ajax --> upgrade wizard or we should proceed with replacing dll or some other way? Please recommend us the best way.

Thanks
Helen
Telerik team
answered on 28 Aug 2012, 01:44 PM
Hello,

You may use the wizard as well:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-vsx-upgrade-wizard.html

Regards,
Helen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Aakansha
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Aug 2012, 03:00 PM

hello Helen,

Firstly, Thank you for your quick response. I really appreciate your help. Your answers are really helping me out.

purpose of this thread is i need your help with the following.

While upgradation of Telerik radcontrols for ASP.NET ajax i reach one point where i seek your guidance. In some blogs i have read that the Telerik RadControl Upgrade Wizard simply replaces the existing dll with the Updated dll. So my question is, does make any difference when i will directly replace the existing dll's with new dll's?

so if this is true that "Upgrade Wizard" simply replaces the older version dll with newer version dll then instead of using "Upgrade Wizard" can manually we replace the older dll with newer dll directly?

Apart from replacing the upgraded dll files with the previous dll's, does Telerik upgrade wizard provides any additional advantages?

Also we have noticed that when i have used the upgrade wizard to upgrade the version , the upgrdae wizard has not copied "Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll "  file . What to do to include this file.

(Note : we are using the purchased version of radcontrols for asp.net ajax and we have upgraded to version 2012 Q2)

Thanks,
Aakansha
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 03 Sep 2012, 04:29 PM
Hello Aakansha,

Please check my answer in the other thread - http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/vs-extensions/upgrade-wizard-tells-me-no-projects-selected.aspx.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team
Tags
Documentation and Tutorials
Asked by
Aakansha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Helen
Telerik team
Aakansha
Top achievements
Rank 1