This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

navigation problem

3 Answers 39 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
mww
Top achievements
Rank 1
mww asked on 24 Oct 2008, 04:23 PM
I have a RADToolbar on  a page with 1 NavigationURL set as below

<telerik:RadToolbar ID="RadToolbar1" runat="server"    
            Style="clear: both; width: 100%;" AutoPostBack="True"   
            ononclick="RadToolbar1_OnClick" onbuttonclick="RadToolbar1_ButtonClick"   
            Skin="Web20"  > 
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutQuint" Duration="200"></CollapseAnimation> 
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadToolbarButton runat="server" ButtonImage="new.gif"   
                    ButtonText="New Artist" Hidden="False" ID="RadToolbarButton1"   
                    ToolTip="New Artist" CommandName="newartist" DisplayType="TextImage"   
                    CausesValidation="False" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="Black"   
                    ImageUrl="~/Img/addNewItem.gif" NavigateUrl="AddArtist.aspx" Text="New Artist"/>  
<telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" CommandName="bandmembers" ToolTip="Band Members"   
                    ButtonImage="People.gif" ButtonText="Band Members" Hidden="False"   
                    DisplayType="TextImage" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="Black"   
                    ImageUrl="~/Img/People.gif" Text="Band Members"></telerik:RadToolBarButton> 
<telerik:RadToolBarButton runat="server" CommandName="artistmedia" ToolTip="Artist Media"   
                    ButtonImage="otherMedia.gif" ButtonText="Artist Media" Hidden="False"   
                    DisplayType="TextImage" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="Black"   
                    ImageUrl="~/Img/Web4_ico_4.gif" Text="Media"></telerik:RadToolBarButton> 
            </Items> 
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadToolbarButton runat="server" ButtonImage="People.gif" ButtonText="Band Members" Hidden="False" ID="RadToolbarButton3" ToolTip="Band Members" CommandName="bandmembers" DisplayType="TextImage"/>  
            </Items> 
            <Items> 
                <telerik:RadToolbarButton runat="server" ButtonImage="otherMedia.gif" ButtonText="Artist Media" Hidden="False" ID="RadToolbarButton2" ToolTip="Artist Media" CommandName="artistmedia" DisplayType="TextImage"/>  
            </Items> 

</telerik:RadToolbar> 
 Clicking the 'Add New Artist' button doesnt navigate me to the AddArtist.aspx page, Im left on the main page.  Anyone know why ?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
answered on 27 Oct 2008, 03:12 PM
Hi mark wheeler,

I have managed to reproduce the problem at our side. Having NavigateUrl set, clicking on a button should redirect instead of postback. It seems to be a bug in RadToolBar. I logged it in our bug-tracking system and we will fix it as soon as possible.

I have updated your Telerik Points for your findings.

Regards,
Veselin Vasilev
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Garee
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Nov 2008, 10:25 AM
Hi,

I've also hit this problem, and it seems to be caused when there's a mixture of some buttons with their NavigateUrl property set, and some without, i.e. the Redirect works OK when all of the buttons have the NavigateUrl property set.

Veselin, is there a temporary workaround you could suggest until a fix is available? I could do a Response.Redirect in the ButtonClick event, but I'd rather it redirected if possible.

Best regards,

Gary
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2008, 05:55 PM
Hi guys,

The temporary workaround is to set the postback property of the navigating button to "false". The bug is already fixed and the fix will be available in the official RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax Q3 2008 release, scheduled for the end of this week.

Best regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
mww
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Veselin Vasilev
Telerik team
Garee
Top achievements
Rank 2