Multiple Grid Groupings and Aggregates not working since upgrade (2012.1.411.40)

9 posts, 0 answers
  1. CodeR
    CodeR avatar
    36 posts

Posted 29 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Since upgrading to 2012.1.411.40 I have problem with grids that have multiple group by expressions that have a Header String which aggregates sub totals.

When the grid displays the First Header Grouping of every group level in the Grid does not display correctly. Instead of building up a dynamic string header it instead displays a non dynamic header such as 'Total Charged: {0:c2}'. Subsequent sub-grouping though work.

Here is an example of the type of Group By Expressions used;

<GroupByExpressions>
                            <telerik:GridGroupByExpression>
                                <SelectFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " FieldAlias="Client" FieldName="ClientName" />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " HeaderText="Hrs Spent" FieldAlias="HrsSpent"
                                        FieldName="TimeSpent" FormatString="{0:N1}" Aggregate="Sum" />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " HeaderText="Total Charged" FieldAlias="TotalCharged"
                                        FieldName="WorksheetAmount" FormatString="{0:c2}" Aggregate="Sum" />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=" " HeaderText=" " FieldAlias="ClientID"
                                        FieldName="ClientID" FormatString=" " />
                                </SelectFields>
                                <GroupByFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="ClientName" SortOrder="Ascending" />
                                </GroupByFields>
                            </telerik:GridGroupByExpression>
                                <SelectFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " FieldAlias="Project" FieldName="ProjectTitle" />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " HeaderText="Hrs Spent" FieldAlias="HrsSpent"
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " HeaderText="Total Charged" FieldAlias="TotalCharged"
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=" " HeaderText=" " FieldAlias="ProjectID"
                                        FieldName="ProjectID" FormatString=" " />
                                </SelectFields>
                                <GroupByFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="ProjectTitle" SortOrder="Ascending" />
                                </GroupByFields>
                                <SelectFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " FieldAlias="Office" FieldName="OfficeName" />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=" " HeaderText=" " FieldAlias="OfficeID"
                                        FieldName="OfficeID" FormatString=" " />
                                </SelectFields>
                                <GroupByFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="OfficeName" SortOrder="Ascending" />
                                </GroupByFields>
                                <SelectFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=": " FieldAlias="Job" FieldName="JobTitle" />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=" " HeaderText=" " FieldAlias="ProjectID"
                                        FieldName="ProjectID" FormatString=" " />
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField HeaderValueSeparator=" " HeaderText=" " FieldAlias="JobID"
                                        FieldName="JobID" FormatString=" " />
                                </SelectFields>
                                <GroupByFields>
                                    <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="JobTitle" SortOrder="Ascending" />
                                </GroupByFields>
                        </GroupByExpressions>

See screenshot of issue attached.

This exact same code worked perfectly in 2011 Q3 Dll's.
    Has anything changed between versions?

Cheers,

Damien.

2. Martin
    Admin
    Martin avatar
    833 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 Link to this post

Hello Damien,

I was able to reproduce the issue locally and confirm that the grid does not behave as expected in this scenario. It looks like the problem is related to the aggregate function of the inner groups. I have forwarded your report to our developers for further investigation. Unfortunately, I can not provide you with exact estimate about when the problem will be fixed. However, you can follow the status of the issue in our public issue tracking system.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
    Martin
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  3. CodeR
    CodeR avatar
    36 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 Link to this post

I have rolled back my version of the Telerik Web UI DLL.
    This issue first cropped up in version '2011.3.115'.

The last working version was '2011.2.915' - Sept 2011.

This is becoming a major hurdle for upgrading to any of the latest versions of the Telerik Controls.

Any haste you can put to ensure this is addresses is much appreciated.

Regards,

Damien.
  4. Martin
    Admin
    Martin avatar
    833 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 Link to this post

Hello Damien,

Indeed this issue was not introduced in the latest version of RadControls. Since Q3 2011 our developers implemented many improvements to the grid grouping feature that resulted in much faster data manipulation. Those results were achieved by using LINQ which became the default grid grouping implementation. However, you can easily switch back to the previous grouping functionality by setting EnableLinqGrouping="false" of the MasterTableView. This way you should be able to use the latest version of the controls without observing this problem.

I have raised the priority of the issue and hope that it will be fixed in the official Q2 2012 release.

All the best,
    Martin
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  5. Eva
    Eva avatar
    15 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 Link to this post

Hello,

I'd like to signal that this issue still hasn't been fixed in latest version 2018.2.516.45.

Can you please fix this bug in a future version ?

Thanks and regards.

Eva

6. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    2214 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2018 Link to this post

Hi Eva,

I checked our bug backlog and the problem discussed in this thread was resolved 6 years ago for our 2012 Q3 release. Can you, please, share the configuration you are reproducing the problem with so I can examine it and log it again if needed?

Meanwhile, please, check if downgrading the jQuery version of the project will make a difference in case the issue is related with the jQuery 3.3.1 version embedded in our latest release. You can see how to do so here:
    https://www.telerik.com/forums/known-issues-and-important-changes#KKI7NGE4P0K-jwQGL525dA

Regards,
    Vessy
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  7. Eva
    Eva avatar
    15 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2018 in reply to Vessy Link to this post

Hi,

My case is I have a RadGrid with multiple GroupBy expressions and a "Count" aggregate option on the lowest one.

As I can't provide you a sample of my code, here is an example :

<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdItems" runat="server" ShowGroupPanel="True">
        <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Id">
            <GroupByExpressions>
                    <SelectFields>
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Domain" />
                    </SelectFields>
                    <GroupByFields>
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Domain" />
                    </GroupByFields>
                    <SelectFields>
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Category" />
                    </SelectFields>
                    <GroupByFields>
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Category" />
                    </GroupByFields>
                    <SelectFields>
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Type" />
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Type" Aggregate="Count" />
                    </SelectFields>
                    <GroupByFields>
                        <telerik:GridGroupByField FieldName="Type" />
                    </GroupByFields>
            </GroupByExpressions>
        </MasterTableView>
    </telerik:RadGrid>

Description of the bug :

When there are several items having the same subgroup (i.g. "Type") but different higher-level group (i.g. "Category" or "Domain"), then the subgroup (i.g. "Type") header of those particular items aren't displayed properly :

• SelectFields value is displayed as empty
    • SelectFields aggregated value (i.g. count of items) isn't displayed properly and show "{0}" instead

Note : the workaround (adding option  EnableLinqGrouping="False" on the MasterTableView) worked.

I'm using the latest version (2018.2.516.45) and I don't think the issue is related to the jQuery version.

Regards,

Eva

8. Eva
    Eva avatar
    15 posts

Posted 01 Jun 2018 in reply to Eva Link to this post

PS : here is a screenshot of the bug.
  9. Vessy
    Admin
    Vessy avatar
    2214 posts

Posted 06 Jun 2018 Link to this post

Hi Eva,

I tested the provided markup but was not able to replicate the behavior from the attached screenshot. I am attaching my test page to this reply - can you, please, test it at your end and see if it is working for you as well? If so, can you modify it up to a point where the problem occurs and send it back for a further investigation?

Regards,
    Vessy
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.