This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Multiple file upload

3 Answers 100 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Markus asked on 08 Oct 2008, 11:39 AM

Hi Guys

I have a little question about the RadUpload. I found the following Control:

http://samples.dart.com/FileUpload_Online/sample4.aspx

I really like the possibility to select more than just one file and upload them with one click. Because the homepage I’m working on has a gallery module and it isn’t really user friendly if they have to select each picture in an upload control to upload.

Now I was wondering if it is somehow possible to do something similar with your RadUpload. Thanks for the answer.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2008, 12:22 PM
Hello Markus,

You could check our RadUpload for Silverlight, that is able to select multiple files, but it is designed to work in Silverlight applications:
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Examples/Upload/FirstLook

(You will need the latest developer Silverlight plugin, available here)

We planned to provide an ASP.NET control, that works on top of a Silverlight component for file upload this quarter, but it seems that it will be postponed. I hope that we will be able to publish a public beta of the control several weeks after Q3, which is scheduled for the beginning of November.

Kind regards,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the quick and informative replay Valeri.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Feb 2009, 08:01 PM
Any further development on this?  We have a .net application where this has become a requirement.  We just began using radcontrols in our development efforts and was hoping that the rad upload control made this possible. If not I guess I'll have to figure something out or go on a searching mission around the net
Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
Markus
Top achievements
Rank 1